flourocarbon strings for concert

mandrew

Reaction score
I want to move to flourocarbon low G strings for my concert uke. Any recommendations?

Worth Medium Browns or Fremont Blacklines. I like them both.

I vote for Living Water too. Just restrung my Kala concert with them. I had always been a Aquila gal, but they started to sound muted and then someone told me that they had changed and were no longer the bright strings they once were. Ken Middleton sells these exclusively and they are easy on the fingers an sound great. Good luck.

Yes try Living Water: http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/LWS.aspx

They are awesome. There is a long thread in the review section about the strings. The only bad thing I've heard about the strings, is that you can't buy them anywhere else than directly from Ken. But his shipping fees are very low, so that's not really a problem :).

Definitely living water. That's what I have on my concert admittedly, high G but tuned FBbDG. Really good sound.

Not to be piling on but - Living Water is the way to go.

Never heard of Living Water, but I will check them out!

Out of personal preference, i would go for either a wound low-G or Kala red low-G.

Tried both Worth and Fremont unwound low-g and was not happy with them. They were thick, rigid and floppy.. not a great tone/feel, at least on the ukes I tried them on
Haven't tried Living Water yet though.. ~

I agree with kissing. I recommend at least trying a wound low G. Here's a couple of guitar strings that work very well for a concert:

D'Addario NYL026w
Savarez 544RH (This one is a polished string and has a little less zzzzzz as you move around the fretboard)

Plus, Ko'olau sells nice sets with wound low G, but I think they're nylon, not fluorocarbon.

Top Bottom