Kamaka Tiki Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've played all sizes of Kamaka ukuleles (old and new) and I believe that their vintage concert ukes are the most consistently fine instruments Kamaka has produced (the newer models don't compare, in my opinion). Among those vintage concerts, none can match the gumby-head tiki concert for pure Island mojo and ultra ukulele-coolness. These have been increasing in price and desirability since I've been playing/collecting ukuleles, and most recently one sold on ebay for $1,591.66! You can see it here: http://tinyurl.com/KamakaTiki (and that one was missing the kk label on the headstock). Prior to my owning this ukulele, the back was replaced by (according to the seller) a "Master luthier". I don't know who the luthier was, but they did an excellent job of replacing the back (as you can see from the pics). I don't know if they didn't have any koa on hand, but for whatever reason, they decided to use a book-matched set of figured spruce for the back, with a strip of darker wood (ebony?) down the center. The work is very good, and this ukulele plays and sounds like a vintage Kamaka should. It has a full, rich tone, great volume, excellent intonation, and is on a par with the other vintage Kamaka concerts I have owned. The action is medium with lots of room in the saddle to adjust it to your particular playing style, if you see the need. No cracks or structural issues. There are two tiny white flecks on the back (you can see them in the pics). I noticed them when taking the photos. Dunno what they are, but they are inconsequential. Because of the replaced back, you can have your very own Kamaka tiki concert for less than 1/3 of the going rate! You could live to be 200 years old, and never see a price like this again on a vintage tiki concert. I've seen the tiki figure alone sell for over $100! I will include a chipboard case with this ukulele, and will pack it carefully. Don't miss this opportunity to own a drop-dead-cool mojo monster by one of the most respected names in the uke-a-verse at a bargain-bin price. I know a good uke when I see one, and this is a good one. Some of you have seen my pine for another one of these in the past... Now tax-time is here again, and and the government is squeezing blood from this turnip. Ah well- c'est la vie! I forgot to take the pic with the UU note on it.. I will add one asap. Please feel free to email with questions, and thanks for looking!

Price: $485 + Actual shipping
TikiTuners.jpgFull.jpgback003.jpgLengthSide.jpg
Upshot.jpg

Last edited:
Spruce is an unusual choice for the back. It's probably just the photos but has a bit of a sycamore look to it in regard to the figuring

pm sent
Did not see an e-mail addy

Won't last long!

Nice~~
Send PM~~~

Strange- I posted a message on here last night, and then closed the thread, but the message didn't show up! Sorry everyone!
Thanks to everyone who has expressed interest in the uke. I expected it to sell quickly, but wasn't quite prepared for the overflow I found in my inbox!
I received payment from a buyer yesterday, so the ukulele is SOLD.
Thanks to all who inquired!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom