NGD! Seagull Coastline Grand Parlor

gitarzan

Reaction score
Actually the NGD was Monday, but i picked up a sweet little Seagull Coastline Grand parlor guitar. There is a fair bit of sound in a small package.

I went to a local MGR and they had several Arts&Lutherie Ami's and a couple Grands. I played everyone they had. Over and over and over.

Anyway I settled on the Seagull. A little better finish and maybe a speck better sound.

I was looking at a used one and thought the price was good, but it turned the Seagull was new and cost twice as much. The shock of a the price doubling on stupid me kind of shocked me. So I went back home, dug through the cases and pulled out 3 guitars I do not like or never play anyway. I swapped a Korean made Harmony Sovereign that sounded like a shoe box, a 1977 Giannini Craviola Classical that ain't my style and a baby Martin that I never did quite like. A few minutes later I am walking out with a Grand parlor. I traded 3 guitars I do not play for one I will. I lost money on the deal if we take that I paid for all, but hey, those old ones were just dust collectors to me.

http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_coastline_grand.html

029242_coast_grand.jpg

It has more bass than you night expect. Not a boomer, but solid. Tone is lovely and piano like. Balanced.

Solid top! Short scale neck. Nice big frets. Nice tuners, Well finished.

This will replace my old Ventura V10 concert size that I love to play, but am hearing a buzz when tuned to full tension. I may look into it's problems later.

I have one of these, too. I haven't been playing it much lately, but I would never let it go. The Seagulls are terrific. Have fun!

Seagulls are wonderful things. Love my dread! (Coastline equivalent, from a year before they used that name.)

Congratulations!

Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull wrote and recorded a lot of his classic acoustic guitar based tunes on a Seagull - or so I read. I love smaller bodied guitars that sound bigger than they are. Probably because I'm a short guy with a large voice myself ;)

Just want to say I've been playing it an loving it the last few weeks.

Setup is factory and spot on.

Sound is great bass is very tight and it play great in ensemble, almost a tenor sound.

Highly recommended by the 'Zan.

Top Bottom