what strings to put on a Favilla soprano?

Strummin simon

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

just received my Favilla Soprano today.

what strings does everyone recommend or suggest?
i'm going off Aquilas, so what else to try?

I got one recently (LOVE it!). We put Worth brown mediums on it, and it really projects a mature mahogany sound.

I agree that the Worths are among the best you could use - but I tend to prefer the Worth clear over the browns. I would also recommend Ken Middleton's "Living Water" strings. I am converting to Living Water strings on most of my ukes. Any of these is going to sound great on your Favilla (and congratulations by the way - welcome to the club!).

I think you are smart to move away from the Aquilas. I think that the Aquilas sound good on some ukes - particularly the Koa ones - but Favillas are a bit softer and sweeter and I think they call for either Worth or Living Water strings - both of which are smooth flourocarbon strings. I also think that the Worths and Living Water strings are better for fingerstyle playing. I think they play smoother. :2cents:

I have Martin M600 on all of my Favilla ukuleles and they seem a very good fit. I didn't like Aquila on these ukuleles either.....too sharp and punchy.

Did you get a straight up Favilla soprano in mahogany and clear varnish, or did you get one of the teardrops or painted ukes? I was mightily tempted by a blonde teardrop on ebay, but the neck had been broken and I was not sure of the quality of repair - so I got scared off. It sure looked sweet though. I think Tom Favilla said those blondes are pear wood. Post pics! There are a lot of Favilla fanatics out here. We form our own strange little wing of this asylum.:cool:

congrats on the new uke and welcome to the Favilla ukers club! They are some sweet little ukes.

Worths are probably a good choice. You might try these new Oasis strings on it (when they become available). I took a test run of these on a Favilla and they sound awesome! Sound sample here. Good luck to ya!

Hi Guys,

just received my Favilla Soprano today.

what strings does everyone recommend or suggest?

I'd use genuine ukulele strings. They come in packs of four.

Top Bottom