ISO Flea Soprano used

Tifflery

Reaction score
I would like to buy a used soprano FLEA or possibly a Fluke...or some other type of uke that would be good for traveling and long car rides. I would prefer to spend less than $100, but I know you get what you pay for, so a little more is fine. Thanks!

Nothing wrong with Fleas and FLukes. They're great!

But check out www.outdoorukulele.com

Just what you're looking for.

lol. I swear I checked that site yesterday, and it didn't have a time frame for when they would be available!...or a price!
Yay!

For $150 you can get the pineapple flea posted for sale on this page.
That extra $50 would be well spent.

I Asked About It, But They Havent Replied That They Stilk Have It Or Not..........:(

Ok, been reading and thinking.....obsessively for days.....
I want either a flea soprano, or a fluke concert....I'm holding out on the outdoor uke until we have some reviews and sound samples and stuff to obsessively pour over. ;)If anyone can show me some links to sound comparisons etc, I'd appreciate it...I've looked all over and most of the links I find in posts are no longer there. And, if anyone has one laying around that they's like to sell, it might not matter if its a fluke or a flea, I'll take a chance! lol
Thanks guys!
Tiff

This is my favorite Fluke/Flea review.

Scooter

Thanks Scooter. I Am PrettY Sure I Am Going To Get Flea. Thanks For Your Help!!

Aloha Tifflery,
Not a Flea but a Fluke....not nice, but the price looks nice...don't know how it sounds or plays....saw this on a Craigslist ...
NOT affiliated with the seller.....check it out...with shipping maybe 100.00 70.00 out of Kauai http://honolulu.craigslist.org/kau/msg/3723769345.html

To be honest, any ukulele around $100 or below is good for travelling.

I would consider the Flea/Fluke too precious as a mere beater uke, unless my collection comprised of several premium ukes.

To be honest, any ukulele around $100 or below is good for travelling.

I would consider the Flea/Fluke too precious as a mere beater uke, unless my collection comprised of several premium ukes.

I have to agree with this. My fluke is the nicest in my tiny collection and right now what I consider to be my "performance" ukulele.

Argh. I Know You (And My Husband... Who Said The Same Exact Thing)Are Right......But I Want ONe... LoL. Plus, I Have Been Smoke Free For Six Months As Of The Fourth.....So I Get A Present, Right? Lol.
My "Nice Uke" Is A Kpk Soprano... And Cost About 200. But Since Its Solid And Soooo Pretty, I Almost Never Take It Outside To The Porch Where IAm...Constantly When Im Home. Im Either On The Porch Or In Bed. Lol. Plus, I Luve In Texas, And It GetS Sooo Hot And Nasty In The Summers, And Bug Spray... And Argh. I Dont Want My Kpk Anywhere Near Me.

Last edited:
I have a barely used Surf Soprano Flea that I would consider selling, but I would want $175 shipping included. It has the standard polycarbonate fretboard. I wanted desperately to love the Flea but it just isn't for me. I just don't like the way it feels when I play it. I have a Mainland Concert that I adore, and the sale of this would allow me to get a soprano that I would want to love just as much.

If you are interested, just email me directly at klemaster24 at gmail dot com.

What about one of those Les Paul copy mahalo sopranos???....laminate, great sounding and only about 70 bucks. I had one for a few years - gave it away to a friend now - and absolutely loved the sound.

I really think that you'll be very very lucky to find a flea or fluke for 100 bucks or under Tiff...would have to be in pretty ratty condition or a very desperate seller to be offered at that price mate. But good luck and hope you find something nice soon :)

What about one of those Les Paul copy mahalo sopranos???....laminate, great sounding and only about 70 bucks. I had one for a few years - gave it away to a friend now - and absolutely loved the sound.

If you're gonna go for a Les Paul, definitely get the Epiphone Les Paul ukes instead of Mahalo.

I was quite attached to my Mahalo Les Pauls (I have a history of owning 2), but when I got the Epiphone Les Paul concert, it just blew the Mahalos right out of the water in terms of build quality, tone and electronics.

The Mahalo Les Pauls are cute and sound "OK" (albeit somewhat muted), but they also come with poor intonation, sharp fret edges and electronics that can never sound balanced.

The reason I say this is because the Epiphone Les Paul ukes are around the same price as the Mahalos (at least for Australians).

And the Epiphone Les Pauls are as durable as wooden ukes get. It is built out of thick wood, the sides/backs are a thick, solid timber that you could probably use as a weapon in the zombie apocalypse. It is currently my travel ukulele - and setup with Fremont blackline tenor strings, it has amazing sustain, volume and tone.

Last edited:
one thing nobody seems to mention about fluke/fleas is the fact that the sound board is quite a soft wood and can get dinked very easily, of course no uke that gets played will stay in pristine condition, but the price is a bit on the expensive side for a beater uke

one thing nobody seems to mention about fluke/fleas is the fact that the sound board is quite a soft wood and can get dinked very easily, of course no uke that gets played will stay in pristine condition, but the price is a bit on the expensive side for a beater uke

And thus all the excitement over the outdoor ukulele. How much were the flea/flukes when they first came out?

I recently got a Tie-Dye Concert Flea with rosewood fretboard as a 50th birthday present from my family. It cost a bit more than $300 and I take it everywhere. Like all Fleas and Flukes, it really is pretty much bulletproof. The top is a laminate, which makes it virtually impossible to crack under normal wear and tear. The polycarbonate body is likewise fairly indestructible and the action and intonation are excellent.

When you add to that the fact that the folks that make and sell these puppies are some of the nicest, most dedicated people in the Ukulele universe, for me it was an easy decision to make the purchase.

Scooter

Thank you all for your help! I have conceded to buy a cheapo uke for banging around, and will probably just keep my eyes open for a deal on a used flea in the coming months...and definitely read the reviews and thoughs on the outdoor uke! Thank you all for all your help, and if something comes up, I'll be here...lol
Tiff

Top Bottom