The "I bought an Outdoor Uke" thread!

ukemunga

Reaction score
I ordered this morning and have been following the "kickstarter" thread so I thought it might be interesting to start this for everyone who has also taken the plunge.

It would be interesting to see how many of us do, and to compare notes later.

And since they will all look alike, I'm trying to figure out an elegant discreet way to personalize it.

Fred

I look forward to a review from you.

Interesting to note they're putting "monofilament" line on these. Extra string sets for 2USD. Just cheap stretchy fishing line. At least I wont' feel guilty about ditching them (unlike the aquilas that shipped with most of the ukuleles I have now).

Though I haven't yet, I will be getting one. I am going to do a winter review on mine. Apparently the material that they are made of is rated to -40 F. That is the winter temps that I am expected to see.

Ditto on the can't wait to hear opinions when you get them.

got #30.

Black felt marker? :)

I'll probably put stickers (pre-made and hijacked - ie I like to take those little stickers on Oranges or Bananas, or Windows stickers from old computers, or even meat grade stickers from the saran wrap from steaks or hamburger packaging and make my own :)) on mine... I hope it comes soon!

I know, I know, not shipping until April 22nd or thereabouts!

Really looking forward to it and seeing how/if it will respond to ToneRite conditioning:)

keep uke'in',

PS Hey mmstan, ordered yours already?

Following this story line. I'm thinking of "one for the road" and the choice will be between Outdoor Ukulele and a Flea.

Just ordered #88. I need another uke like I need a hole in my head, but...

Jens

As I said in the other thread, I managed to get order #10. Very interested to see what it sounds/feels like. :)

It'll actually be the first soprano I've owned (but not the first I've played).

These look great, but wouldn't it just be easier and cheaper to weather-proof a Dolphin ?

These look great, but wouldn't it just be easier and cheaper to weather-proof a Dolphin ?

Well considering that I had a dolphin shatter in -20 F temps, It might get pretty costly to weatherproof a dolphin. I'm going to try one of these ukes, b/c quite frankly the price tag is much better than a Carbon Fiber one.

Though I haven't yet, I will be getting one. I am going to do a winter review on mine. Apparently the material that they are made of is rated to -40 F. That is the winter temps that I am expected to see.

Yeah...polycarbonate is good stuff...I thought about you when I first saw that Outdoor Uke thread pop up. I have polycarbonate shooting glasses that are probably 20 years old and have been through all kinds of weather and they are basically as good as new.

John

I ordered #36 - looking forward to using it as a camp and travel uke.
--G

Yeah...polycarbonate is good stuff...I thought about you when I first saw that Outdoor Uke thread pop up. I have polycarbonate shooting glasses that are probably 20 years old and have been through all kinds of weather and they are basically as good as new.

John

I sent one of the CF uke makers a email seeing if they would like an Alaskan Field Test. haven't heard back yet. I am getting one of these. Just not sure if I want to preorder b/c the release date is cutting it close to the end of the school year.

I sent one of the CF uke makers a email seeing if they would like an Alaskan Field Test. haven't heard back yet. I am getting one of these. Just not sure if I want to preorder b/c the release date is cutting it close to the end of the school year.

Not to derail the thread but, do you live up there year round or just during the school year? Seems I remember you were based around Atlanta? a couple of years ago...

John

Top Bottom