Profile deletion

Dave-0

Reaction score
Admin guys....

With the seemingly insurmountable frustration with my uncoordinated fingers and lack of any real (to my ears) progress - I think I'm somewhat tonedeaf as well, I think I'm going to put down the ukulele for the foreseeable future and concentrate on putting miles into my legs on my bike and trying to fool the local fish population with my fly creations.

Maybe I had unrealistic hopes for being able to play the instrument in too short of time.

Anyway, is there a way to delete my profile....or just fade into the distance?

Thanks! This is a fun group!

Admin guys....

With the seemingly insurmountable frustration with my uncoordinated fingers and lack of any real (to my ears) progress - I think I'm somewhat tonedeaf as well, I think I'm going to put down the ukulele for the foreseeable future and concentrate on putting miles into my legs on my bike and trying to fool the local fish population with my fly creations.

Maybe I had unrealistic hopes for being able to play the instrument in too short of time.

Anyway, is there a way to delete my profile....or just fade into the distance?

Thanks! This is a fun group!

Just don't post. Fade into existence. You may pick it back up.

Anybody remember Dave-0? Pretty cool guy but I haven't seen him post lately. I wonder what happened to him?

:)

Seriously, you can just slip away quietly. If you ever look at the profile list here I think there is something like 80k members but only a hundred or so are really active and a few hundred that still stop by now and again.

Edit: Just checked - 86k members, 3477 active members (presumably active in the last ninety days, maybe? Maybe longer? Don't know what the admins have chosen for the active period).

John

Last edited:
I would just not post so you can come back later if you feel like you need some uke time.

Aloha for now, hope to see you back soon.

Dave-O...hang in there (if you have desire to play the uke). Take a break, persue your other passions and then pick your uke back up again. Maybe you tried to get good too fast and are feeling burnt out-nothing wrong with that. My only advice is try and play a little everyday, even if its only 5 minutes. Getting your fingers on the fretboard daily pays off later. I have no "natural musical talent..." I have worked for every little bit of "ability" I have but I'm OK with it. I play for me only and it makes for a relief from the daily stress. That is why I play and I also enjoy this uke community! Hang in there my friend.

Dave-O...hang in there (if you have desire to play the uke). Take a break, persue your other passions and then pick your uke back up again. Maybe you tried to get good too fast and are feeling burnt out-nothing wrong with that. My only advice is try and play a little everyday, even if its only 5 minutes. Getting your fingers on the fretboard daily pays off later. I have no "natural musical talent..." I have worked for every little bit of "ability" I have but I'm OK with it. I play for me only and it makes for a relief from the daily stress. That is why I play and I also enjoy this uke community! Hang in there my friend.

Great advice!

Aloha Davo-o
Sorry the uke did not work for you....hope one day you will give it another go...until then Aloha

Practice ,practice ,practice. My wife has been playing for a few weeks now , She spends about ten minutes almost every nite and she is doing pretty good. A good instruction book is a real help and I can recommend The Hal Leonard ukulele instruction book one and two. Don't give up.

Don't give up, for both guitar and uke I play/practice while watching tv and work on something or a song, before I know it I can do it. Try some simple strumming songs....Iz's Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is very soothing to play.

Heck, I 've been playing guitar and uke for sometime now (read: 40 years) and still don't consider myself "good" at it but it sure is fun and a great stress reliever.

Hope to see you around here soon.....;)

Hey Dave-O:

I gave up many times, for various lengths of time, for many reasons, and I've always come back to the uke. The last time, I stayed. You never know what you might feel like a year from now.

Good luck Dave. I have laid my instruments down many time over the years, never quitting but just backing off or becoming distracted with something else.

when you pick it up again, play simple songs so its all a success.

Everyone here understands taking a break. I'm about to start drowning minnows myself.

Top Bottom