Uke on Roku

You can use Pandora Radio on it and create channels for all your favorite ukulele artists. If you search by genre, Pandora has a Hawaiian music channel which is listed under World music I think.

Agree, and I watch a lot of Uke YouTube vids on mine. However, I think if you didn't start out with Roku from the ground up, you can no longer get the YouTube channel.

Agree, and I watch a lot of Uke YouTube vids on mine. However, I think if you didn't start out with Roku from the ground up, you can no longer get the YouTube channel.

Mine doesn't have YouTube, though I get Vimeo, Daily Motion, and maybe something else.

Got YouTube on the Wii in another room.

I've had Roku for a long time, Chris. You can search the web for ROKU PRIVATE CHANNELS and get codes to hundreds of channels not available in the Roku Store. NoWhereTV (the code is H9DWC) lets you watch local news feeds, PBS, classic movies and a lot of other stuff. I got the Youtube channel before it was pulled. My wife likes Nuod Tayo, to watch her filipino shows and news. Here's some of the private channels:

http://www.rokuprivatechannels.com/

I've had Roku for a long time, Chris. You can search the web for ROKU PRIVATE CHANNELS and get codes to hundreds of channels not available in the Roku Store. NoWhereTV (the code is H9DWC) lets you watch local news feeds, PBS, classic movies and a lot of other stuff. I got the Youtube channel before it was pulled. My wife likes Nuod Tayo, to watch her filipino shows and news. Here's some of the private channels:

http://www.rokuprivatechannels.com/

Thanks! Cool stuff.

I guess I'm also looking for something like -- "movie with uke scene on Nowhere Channel on x or y" or something along those lines. Old cartoons, music vids, and so forth.

Maybe use this thread as a go-to to get uke'd on Roku?

I can get youtube on direct tv. I can also watch using my tablet hooked to the tv using an hdmi cable.

What the blazes is Roku? From the title I had this mental picture of a uke sitting on a pile of steamed rice with veggies on the side...

What the blazes is Roku? From the title I had this mental picture of a uke sitting on a pile of steamed rice with veggies on the side...

Yes, it's the #7 on the menu at Lee Ho Fook's!

And it's a great way to cut cable TV. It streams lots of free stuff and subscription stuff (Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, HBO, etc).

We got rid of cable and satellite a few years back and now we have too much TV to watch for free, with Roku. There's no monthly fees, unless you want to go with subscription channels. There's plenty of movies and TV shows on the free channels. Ric

Thanks for the clarification on Roku...no steamed rice. Darn!

I cut cable about 4 years ago - the only reason I would have it back is for the faster internet (currently on 5meg DSL and with the grandkids and their iPads we're getting up to where sometimes six devices are running off of it at a time - seven, if it's during working hours and my work computer is on).

I subscribe to Hulu plus for my TV fix and rarely watch that. I probably haven't logged in to it in 2 months.

John

I had netflix but didn't watch it much so I got Roku for $50. later signed up for Amazon Prime, but mainly for the 2-day free shipping. Then discovered many old tiv shows that I actually liked such as he various star trek series, Bonanza, etc.. and....no commercials. We do watch a pay movie on amazon once in awhile such as "Lincoln." Roku has been a good deal for us. Our primary phone is also wifi usind obi110n.

Top Bottom