Listen While You Work?

BBC Radio 2 of course...I'm "English" to the core :D
the-english-gentleman_zps351e198b.gif

Last edited:
If I have something on and it's not music, it is probably NPR.... Usually on the weekends when the shows are more entertaining and there isn't that "every two hours news loop" effect. More likely than that is music - I like a diverse mix, but have been seeking out older recordings of "mountain music" for the last few years. Most likely though, I don't have anything playing. I like to hear what my tools and machines are doing, and I get enough radio drone all day at work.

Interesting thread.

Thelonious Monk!
But thank you Michael for the links. I'm enjoying one of the science shows as I type.
I appreciate something new (and exciting) to listen to. Of course, I'm a scientist at heart. ;)

Last edited:
XM radio, Bluegrass Junction and Outlaw Country

I listen to my ipod on shuffle for a mix of bluegrass, contemporary folk and a little bit of rock and roll. Although I listen to talk-oriented podcasts in the car, it doesn't work for me in the shop due to the noise of the dust collection system.

I actually like peace and quiet while I work...

Lately I have been listening to the local classical music station. It is a college station, so there are no commercials and it puts me in a mellow mood.

A little bit of everything for me. But I will say I end up listening to a lot of European (Flamenco, Portuguese, French, ect) music while I build. Something about those styles of acoustic music is very calming and helps me to stay focused. Maybe because I don't understand what they are saying...

:spam:Must have the Hawaiian music and other ukulele music on. Especially when I'm doing something technical. Iz always sets the vibe needed!:cool:

Pandora for me as well. I'm a bluegrass freak, so that's usually on, or country tunes, or jazz, or whatever I'm in the mood for. During critical operations though, either no music or something really peaceful.

Top Bottom