Just saw Jake live in Melbourne, Australia

Lexxy

Reaction score
Words cannot describe how happy I am..Got him to sign my uke and also got to chat with him abit about uke playing techniques. So damn happy!

The songs he played tonight included:
Island Fever Blues
More Ukulele
Rolling in the Deep
Missing Three
Fields of Gold
Blue Roses Falling
Let's dance (with a really really really long improvisation into multiple songs!)
While my guitar gently weeps
Akaka falls

We saw him in Maui a few weeks ago. That show motivated me to buy my first uke, a Pono, when we got home. I think all uke makers should give Jake a small cut of their sales. He is like a one man Super Bowl ad.

Great player and is maturing as a musician. Not just a lot of technique. He's an even nicer guy. I have spent a sigificant amount of time in Hawaii over the last 20-25 years. My wife grew up in Honolulu.I have never had a chance to see him while there. I live in Conn. and have seen him 3 times back here in the northeast.
We saw him in Maui a few weeks ago. That show motivated me to buy my first uke, a Pono, when we got home. I think all uke makers should give Jake a small cut of their sales. He is like a one man Super Bowl ad.

Did he mention coming back to Australia in the future? I missed his sydney show, unfortunately.

Great player and is maturing as a musician. Not just a lot of technique. He's an even nicer guy. I have spent a sigificant amount of time in Hawaii over the last 20-25 years. My wife grew up in Honolulu.I have never had a chance to see him while there. I live in Conn. and have seen him 3 times back here in the northeast.
We've probably been to some of the same shows! I've seen him 3x in CT as well: Once at the Jorgensen, once at the Wolf Den, and once at the high school in Clinton!
I also have a signed uke as well (the Kala tenor)--he actually played it for about 30 seconds before handing it back!!LuisKala.jpg

Last edited:
2013-04-05 21.52.24.jpg The man himself on stage, absolutely beautiful.
2013-04-05 22.08.04.jpg
2013-04-05 23.55.13.jpg Having a quick chat, such a humble guy.
2013-04-06 20.05.49.jpg Signed!

Last edited:
Well done!! I didn't even know he was in Aussie!!

Roberta

He's coming to Buffalo, NY on the 20th of this month. I cannot wait! I'm glad you enjoyed his performance so much, and kudos on getting your uke signed. I never thought of doing that.....hmm....

Barbara

He's coming to Buffalo, NY on the 20th of this month. I cannot wait! I'm glad you enjoyed his performance so much, and kudos on getting your uke signed. I never thought of doing that.....hmm....

Barbara

I'll be there! We've got tickets to see him at Brock on the 18th too. I can't believe the schedule he is keeping!

Words cannot describe how happy I am..Got him to sign my uke and also got to chat with him abit about uke playing techniques. So damn happy!

The songs he played tonight included:
Island Fever Blues
More Ukulele
Rolling in the Deep
Missing Three
Fields of Gold
Blue Roses Falling
Let's dance (with a really really really long improvisation into multiple songs!)
While my guitar gently weeps
Akaka falls

Hi Lexxy I too got to see the great Jake in Melb'n' and just loved every moment. You forgot to mention Bohemian Rhapsody as one of the songs he played😀. Getting to meet Jake after the show was pretty special and he certainly comes across like a very humble nice guy. His brilliance will be forever etched in my mind and I will definately go and see Jake play anytime I can. Wish I had taken my uke but there is always next time.

Hi Lexxy I too got to see the great Jake in Melb'n' and just loved every moment. You forgot to mention Bohemian Rhapsody as one of the songs he played��. Getting to meet Jake after the show was pretty special and he certainly comes across like a very humble nice guy. His brilliance will be forever etched in my mind and I will definately go and see Jake play anytime I can. Wish I had taken my uke but there is always next time.

How could I have forgotten the greatest song of Rock and Roll. :doh:
Thanks for the reminder! I was the guy there with a red uke case if you saw :)

Top Bottom