Another original...on Baritone this time

OldePhart

Reaction score
This is "Time Flies" which I wrote for the 59th season over in the Seasons of the Ukulele contest forum.

Immediately after recording this, I set my beautiful Pono down on top of it's case behind me, then proceeded to knock over a 4' spirit level that fell right on it and put two pretty noticeable chips or dents in the body binding right at the heel. This brings three things to mind.

1) This ukulele now shows the passage of time.
2) I no longer have to wonder what invisible little speck made this a factory second.
3) I really need to find a better place to store my tools than the corner of my office.

John

Very nice. What strings do you have on that baritone?

Thanks!

The trebles are some heavy gage Seaguar fluorocarbon fishing leaders:
E - "Blue Label" 80# - .0319" diameter (also makes a good reentrant D on the baritone)
B - "Blue Label" 90# - .0358" diameter
(BTW - on my reentrant baritone I use the Premium 130# for the G so all strings are plain fluorocarbon)

For the linear tuning on the Pono in this video, the basses are Thomastik-Infeld Chromium Steel classical guitar strings:
G - CF30 .030" "D" string
D - CF35 .035" "A" string

John

Love the sound on that baritone. (Liked the song too) I know next to nothing about baritones, but I was wondering if you can just pick along with the chords like you do with the standard Gcea? Outside, inside, 4-2, 3-1 type thing?

Top Bottom