Need at Least 2 Ukes - string broke

UkeKiddinMe

Reaction score
I'm bummed out. One of the strings broke on my uke last night.
Haven't replaced it yet, but when I do, it will be at least a week until it is stable. That's no fun.

I think I need at Least 2 ukes so that I can have a backup and a way to change strings without having to wait for them to be stable.

;)

You think that's bad? I'm gonna buy another tenor in order to have one high G and one low G at the ready. So this means that I will have to buy TWO more ukes in order to have one of each tuning always available in case of string changes or breakage.
:wtf:

Jake never told me about this aspect of uke ownership.

I Never break strings. [well, in the bass and guitar worlds]

I'm very bummed out about that break, and I really doubt the nut isn't shaped right. The previous set of strings were on there for plenty of time.

I know how to handle the strings so that they don't stick in the nut.

Shouldn't have happened. Now I have nothing to play.

I can't believe you got your first uke in March, and don't have at least another three! ��

check the contest thread and you may win a yellow dolphin!

Two ukes is certainly my idea of bare minimum existence!

I can't believe you got your first uke in March, and don't have at least another three! ��

LOL I had only a Kala KA-S for two years. Now I have two ukes. I feel like a freak around here!

Well, my wife and I were watching a - very slow - movie at home, so I decided to get the bari out and re-do the broken G while, um, watching, the movie.
I stretched and retuned that sucker for about 45 minutes, so I actually brought it to enough stability to be fun to play.

Sounds and feels great, actually. More info in my Aquila thread.

Top Bottom