Kerry Char Custom Tenor

ukestah

Da Ukestah!
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ahhh... so I'm bored working on a Saturday morning here in Hawaii nei and want to share pics of my Kerry Char tenor uke that I had built a year ago or so. Kerry was awesome to work with and the ukulele turned out awesome in sound as well as aesthetics. I would recommend him for a custom uke anytime!

Specs:
Size: Tenor
Back/Sides: African Blackwood
Soundboard: Lutz Spruce
Slotted Headstock
Cutaway
Radiused Fretboard
Binding/Rosette: Curly Koa
Pickup: MiSi Acoustic Trio
Tuners: Gilbert Zero Backlash
Headstock veneer/fingerboard/bridge: African Blackwood

IMG_3798_zpsb6acc5ee.jpg

IMG_3799_zps033a28a7.jpg

IMG_3801_zpsc4d0804a.jpg

IMG_3802_zps9f128328.jpg

that is really awesome. not too many ukes with african blackwood back/sides--this looks great, and I bet it sounds great. many in the guitar world consider african blackwood to be even more desirable than brazilian rosewood. Can we get a sound sample?

Ahhh... so I'm bored working on a Saturday morning here in Hawaii nei and want to share pics of my Kerry Char tenor uke that I had built a year ago or so. Kerry was awesome to work with and the ukulele turned out awesome in sound as well as aesthetics. I would recommend him for a custom uke anytime!

Specs:
Size: Tenor
Back/Sides: African Blackwood
Soundboard: Lutz Spruce
Slotted Headstock
Cutaway
Radiused Fretboard
Binding/Rosette: Curly Koa
Pickup: MiSi Acoustic Trio
Tuners: Gilbert Zero Backlash
Headstock veneer/fingerboard/bridge: African Blackwood

IMG_3798_zpsb6acc5ee.jpg

IMG_3799_zps033a28a7.jpg

IMG_3801_zpsc4d0804a.jpg

IMG_3802_zps9f128328.jpg

that is really awesome. not too many ukes with african blackwood back/sides--this looks great, and I bet it sounds great. many in the guitar world consider african blackwood to be even more desirable than brazilian rosewood. Can we get a sound sample?

Hey Steve, yeah I'll try to get one up sometime this weekend if I can borrow a video camera from my friend. Needs to be re-strung too, debating trying it re-entrant as I've had it low G (Ko'olau Alohis) since receiving it.

Yeah that African Blackwood is soo expensive. You got some High Grade Stuff on this uke. Congrats

Ho, Bruddah Dan!

Your Kerry Char ABW/Lutz Spruce tenor is supah MEAN!!!:drool: I 2nd da request fo one sound/video sample!!!

Whoa Bruddah Dan,
You been hiding this beauty from us...it looks awesome...does Kerry have a site to sell his ukes...mahalo plentee for sharing and great to see you back again brah... :)

That's a beautiful Oregonian. I've seen and heard a couple of his ukes around town---so nice! Congrats and enjoy!!

That uke is HOT! Love the cutaway and the bindings...and the wood choice...everything about it.

Bruddah Stan: Been hiding out, I baby this uke a bit too much I think. I'll bring it to HMS when we meet up?

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters: Yeah, his ukes sound great. I've only played one other Char, a koa tenor, and it was great!

experimentjon: Mahalos! I hadn't seen many ABW ukes, so decided to inquire with Kerry as to what he thought of the idea. He had built one previously and it turned out great with the Lutz Spruce top, so I went with that. The only ab is in the Char logo, fret markers and thin ring around the rosette.

A stunningly handsome ukulele. I am a sucker for sapwood skunk stripes.

Thanks folks! I'm enjoying looking at it as much as I enjoy playing it!

Very cool uke, I am working getting an instrument from Kerry so this is pure inspiration!

Hey Dan how many ukes you going show Stan at HMS got to get a moving van to show um all <<Lol

nice uke!

Holy Moly! That is one beautiful piece of art! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Don..
me and Dan live in the same small town..and Andrew from HMS too..
that's got to be a record..3 UU members in a little country town..no Starbucks Haha

Aloha Bruddah Dan,
Da buggah one mean looking uke, good fo you Brah. The skunk stripe stay off da hook.................Bo............

Top Bottom