What do I do? Just got 1st "Matched 3rd Party Content" on YT

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Hey, everyone ~ so, I just got my first ever "Matched Third Party Content" notice on my YouTube channel. It was for a video I just posted of The Pretenders' "I'll Stand By You." There are a TON of other people who have covers of this song up on YouTube...so what is the deal here? I am surmising that they must also have the "Matched Third Party Content' notices too? Do I need to just take the video down? I have never had this happen before, so I am uncertain about what to do here. When I clicked the link on YouTube to learn more about the notice, it was all legal mumbo-jumbo which makes no sense to me. I am inclined to just make the video unlisted or private -- will that keep me "safe" (trying to avoid a "strike" here) or do I need to get rid of it altogether? Thanks for any help and/or advice!

You don't have to do anything. It just means ads might appear next to your videos, but you can't make money off of it. You're fine, it doesn't even count as a copyright strike to your account. I'm a youtube partner, so I know a little bit about it and I've gotten them before and it's no biggie.

You don't have to do anything. It just means ads might appear next to your videos, but you can't make money off of it. You're fine, it doesn't even count as a copyright strike to your account. I'm a youtube partner, so I know a little bit about it and I've gotten them before and it's no biggie.

Hey, Kyle23! Thanks so much for the info -- whew! I feel relieved to learn this news -- thank you for helping me understand what it means! Since you mentioned it, what is the deal with being a "youtube partner," btw? I am curious -- I've heard of that, too, but don't know what it's all about.

Thanks, again, for your help! I love this forum for oh soooo many reasons -- but mostly -- because folks are SO supportive and helpful!!!! :)

Well what a partner used to be is google put ads on your videos and you made money off of ad clicks and a TINY bit for video views. You could also customize your page better than a person who wasn't a partner like putting a picture on the top of your channel page and choosing your own thumbnail pictures from your computer. But I'm pretty sure they changed it so now anyone can have ads put on their videos for revenue sharing, but the partners can still customize their channel more. Basically if you're a partner, you get the "unlocked" version of youtube, while the non partners get the basic version.

Well what a partner used to be is google put ads on your videos and you made money off of ad clicks and a TINY bit for video views. You could also customize your page better than a person who wasn't a partner like putting a picture on the top of your channel page and choosing your own thumbnail pictures from your computer. But I'm pretty sure they changed it so now anyone can have ads put on their videos for revenue sharing, but the partners can still customize their channel more. Basically if you're a partner, you get the "unlocked" version of youtube, while the non partners get the basic version.

Got it, ok, thanks for filling me in on this too, Kyle!!! Again, I really appreciate your help!!! :)

Top Bottom