Seasonista on the road in the USA!

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi all,

I guess this should be on the general board, but I am aiming this primarily at the Seasonistas who know me more than the rest of the site might.

Basically, we are planning a possible trip to the USA this summer (the whole of July). It is so expensive just to get there that, if we come, we want to stay for a few weeks and get to see as much of the place as we can. Our route will probably start in Chicago - where I have family, head over to Toronto (Canada), where I have some great friends, then down to Vermont to take up the invitation of a fellow Seasonista to stay a few days with him and his family.

After that? Well, this is where you guys come in. The only real next stop we have planned is the end of the trip which is planned for North Carolina (to where a colleague of mine from Barcelona's Autonomous University has retired). So from Vermont to NC we are hoping to meet up with any "Seasonstas" who live en-route.

Would any of you guys be interested in putting up three "wayfaring strangers" en route south? We are only talking a night or two, tops. If you think you'd like to meet us in person and/ or maybe host us, we'd love to hear from you. You can PM me with details.

Thanks in advance for your friendship and generosity.

Berni, Carmen & Jana

This is another one of those times I wish I lived in America :(

Hope you have a brilliant trip Berni!

Berni,
We are in Charlotte, Nc, if you are interested.
Only if Barca does not beat Bayern in the CL, though.

So cool ! A really nice journey to begin !
=)
Enjoy your future american trip !
(one of my biggest trippin dreams : come and visit the US !!! I really really love to ...)

Excellent!!
Come to Atlanta! (Biggest airport in the US, 4 hours drive from Charlotte) Extra Double bed and a Couch). Extra instruments to play here, guitars, keyboard... And we'd love to have you. Mrs. Decaturcomp has signed off on this by the way. The chances of hanging out and playing some music with other folks including 23Skidoo is pretty good, too. We can PM for additional details.

Public thanks for all the offers so far. This is beginning to look feasible after all :)

Now is there anyone in or around Montreal who could host us, say around July 16-18th (depending on other circumstances) and anyone in the Boston area who could offer us floorspace around the 25th July?

Thanks again you guys!

Berni, Carmen & Jana

I would love to see you if you get to the Boston area. But my wife has gotten misanthropic as she ages, and is not open to the idea of houseguests. She sort of grudgingly puts up with me and our daughter.

I would love to see you if you get to the Boston area. But my wife has gotten misanthropic as she ages, and is not open to the idea of houseguests. She sort of grudgingly puts up with me and our daughter.

;) Well, if I get any offers from anywhere in Mass, I'd still love to visit Boston again. I loved the city when I was last there in 1978. So, if we are in the area, it'd be great to meet up, even if we have to stay in a motel for the privilege ;)

I do not live on your route, but man I am going to try to jam with you. If you make it, let me know and I will come out and try to meet you. Happy roadtrip

We might have a little difficulty with the Chicago part of our trip. My Aunt is in her late 80s and cannot possibly accommodate us and I just learned that the cousin I was hoping to visit is battling cancer and can't offer us a bed either. :(

I'd still like to see them, so Chicago is still on the itinerary.

So, could anyone offer us a place to stay around the 13th July? - or if not, can anyone with local knowledge recommend a reasonable place to stay in the area? It doesn't have to be downtown, or even n the city at all. Our relatives live in the Portage Park area to the North of the city and we'll be in a hire car, so quite mobile.

Thanks in advance,

Berni

Top Bottom