Swap: Kanile'a K1 Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As some of you know I recently bought a beautiful new Kanile'a concert. It is a wonderfully made uke with a sweet mellow sound. I really do like it but I haven't connected with it like I thought I would.

It's a bit of a long shot but if anyone has a newish Kamaka (HF1 or similar, preferably soprano) I'd be interested in doing a swap. I think I've come to realise I like the more traditional brighter Hawaiian sound of other ukes, especially

Going to a couple of stores next week too for ideas.

I'll also consider any offers in excess of £500 / $800 and actual p&p.

By the way - it's in mint condition and comes in a nice hard shell case.

Thanks,
Matt

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
I know where you are at. I just got a Mainland Concert, and, although it is beautiful, it hasn't really 'stuck' yet (although I continue to play it in the hope I will find the key)

The Kala travel soprano, on the other hand, fell into place immediately. And I play my Lanikai Koa cutaway tenor 6 string way more than my Kannile'a Super Tenor.

I have a Kanilea soprano that I might trade, forget it , did not notice the London post

Last edited:
Dang just a few days late I just purchased a K1 concert last week and will be looking to unload my H2 Kamaka concert to fund the transaction.

Dang just a few days late I just purchased a K1 concert last week and will be looking to unload my H2 Kamaka concert to fund the transaction.

Aw that would have been perfect. Don't want to sell the Uke though cause I'd only get half of what I paid for it I imagine. Let me know how much you want for your H2 though. (Pm me) You never know! :)

I had the same problem with a SAILOR uke I bought over a year ago. The great part is that I eventually did bond with it. The sound was not what I expected when I purchased it, but the sound it has I would not trade for anything. If you do not find the trade you are looking for don't give up on it, it may grow on you!

Well today I learned an important lesson in trying out ukuleles before you buy. I went to a proper shop and tried a load out. I tried out £1000+ ukuleles and the other end and I found 'my' Uke is the Kiwaya KTS-4. I preferred it even to the KTS7. The sound just suited and it clicked right away. Also found out I'm a soprano boy too.

Call me crazy but the Kanile'a went back and I'm very happy boy with my Kiwaya. I'm looking forward to many happy days strumming, starting with my birthday tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom