JSP Powercap Active

Michael Smith

Reaction score
POWERCAP_ACTIVE.jpg

Just a quick review of the JSP powered dust mask.

The sound of the motor bugged me at first but I soon forgot about it. I'ts not so loud that you can't easily listen to music. You can get to your ears so you can wear earbuds or other hearing related equipment.

I was worried that I would have to get a 110 volt to 220 volt converter but inside the box was an adaptor and the charger works perfectly on 110 with the supplied plug converter.

The face shield is purposefully light weight and not meant to stop a flying broken off carbide saw tooth from a table saw or a board back in the face. It would keep splashed CA and other light weight things out of your eyes.

After using it for a couple of days I have to say that I really like it. It is comfortable and seems to be doing a nice job of keeping the dust out of sinus and lung. I have been really shocked how much dust has collected in the filter after sanding 3 ukes.

The air blowing down your face is refreshing and cooling. You get a very weird sensation when you turn it off of a flash of heat on your face.

This unit is not cheap. I paid about $275 and the shipping from London to California was close to $100. Still worth it to me because of dust getting trapped up in my sinuses even with pretty good dust control in my shop. I purchased my unit from Sitebox Limited. They by far had the best price of 179 pounds, they shipped promptly, accepted paypal and communicated well.

Top Bottom