New Pictures : Mike Pereira Walnut/Redwood Slot-head Tenor

NewKid

Reaction score
Aloha UU:

One week later... Mike has the body put together and started the neck.

Back braced.jpgTop braced.jpgSides kerfed.jpgBody unbound.jpgBack unbound.jpg

More pictures

Body bound and neck started....

Routed for binding.jpgBinding attached.jpgHeadplate attached.jpgSlots started.jpgDots on Fretboard.jpg

looking very, VERY nice Don! You must be excited mate, she's a real beauty :drool:

Excited and scared! There's a hound dog in the walnut back!

Wow Don another one ..are you and Mark in a contest...Haha
I wish I could join but I am happy with my new orders

I will watch the race,,don't forget to count your Devine

Wow Don another one ..are you and Mark in a contest...Haha
I wish I could join but I am happy with my new orders

I will watch the race,,don't forget to count your Devine

Hi Len,

No, I would lose in any contest with Mark. He's the man!

One left after this for my 50th birthday in October in honor of my wife, Melisa - a "blonde" from LFDM. Then one for the empty nest in two years when my youngest daughter Juniper leaves for college - an all Cuban Mahogany baritone from the young master.

After that, there's only the dream of the great artist left. The impossible dream...You know who. We all know who.

Mahalo,

Don

Last edited:
Hey Don

wasn't that a song The Impossible Dream..haha

nice looking uke taking shape..

Hi Len,

No, I would lose in any contest with Mark. He's the man!

One left after this for my 50th birthday in October in honor of my wife, Melisa - a "blonde" from LFDM. Then one for the empty nest in two years when my youngest daughter Juniper leaves for college - an all Cuban Mahogany baritone from the young master.

After that, there's only the dream of the great artist left. The impossible dream...You know who. We all know who.

Mahalo,

Don

Nice!!!! You will absolutely love the LFDM uke for your wife!!! I'm one of the owner of LFDM first few ukes that he build and it's almost the only uke that I play with one of my MP all koa tenor......

I'm also a fan of MP ukes since I own 4 ukes from him!!!!!

Nice pics by the way.

Nice!!!! You will absolutely love the LFDM uke for your wife!!! I'm one of the owner of LFDM first few ukes that he build and it's almost the only uke that I play with one of my MP all koa tenor......

I'm also a fan of MP ukes since I own 4 ukes from him!!!!!

Nice pics by the way.

Hi Bao,

The LFDM is for me man! It's just gonna have my wife's name "Melisa" on the 12th fret - in her honor and be blonde in coloring like her. I've enjoyed your LFDM and MP videos online, you're a great player!

My family and I lived on the West Coast for 8 years so I thought Mike was the perfect builder to represent our love of that region and he's making my MP ukulele out of West Coast Redwood and Walnut. Mike is such a pleasure to work with and I loved Ken Middleton's review on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn9wLXbN8gY of this instrument. Plus Fisherman's new MP Walnut/Redwood Tenor also inspired me.

Mahalo,

Don

Hi Bao,

The LFDM is for me man! It's just gonna have my wife's name "Melisa" on the 12th fret - in her honor and be blonde in coloring like her. I've enjoyed your LFDM and MP videos online, you're a great player!

My family and I lived on the West Coast for 8 years so I thought Mike was the perfect builder to represent our love of that region and he's making my MP ukulele out of West Coast Redwood and Walnut. Mike is such a pleasure to work with and I loved Ken Middleton's review on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn9wLXbN8gY of this instrument. Plus Fisherman's new MP Walnut/Redwood Tenor also inspired me.

Mahalo,

Don

Hi Don! Thanks man for your kind words.......It's nice that you will get that LFDM uke for you....I'm sure you will enjoy it.....

As for Mike, he's such a nice guy....I've been working with him on so many ukes so I guess you know that I like his work.....If you ever talk to him, let him know that I say hi to him....

By the way, I saw that you have such a nice collection of ukes......I'll be very curious to hear a comparaison between the LFDM, Mp and Compas Rose!!!!!

Hi David, yes I saw that video. Mike gave me three very nice choices for Walnut back and sides. I almost picked the most figured one but I couldn't resist the hound dog image on my Walnut back.

Don

That was a great choice in wood. Can't wait to hear what you think compared to the CR

Top Bottom