Ukulele Lessons or kanikapila in San Jose/Sunnyvale?

wconley

Reaction score
My sister is taking up the ukulele and is looking for some external motivation. She tried to learn a few years ago and failed - due to her class being all about theory, learning chords and no fun. She gave her ukulele to me which got me started and now with others in our family playing she wants to give it another go.

Anyone have suggestions for lessons or meet-ups in the San Jose or Sunnyvale area? There's lots happening in Santa Cruz but that's a little too far.

Thanks in advance.

Rodney Takahashi at
www.ukulelejams.com

he is in San Jose Japantown..tell him Len sent you..i took group lessons there for 9 month before moving back to Hawaii..there are 3 UU members who go to his classes..he has over 130 students and got his training from Roy Sakuma studios..

also
www.sanjoseukeclub.org

the person in charge Gillian also a member of UU

Last edited:
If you want a kanikapila in San Jose, Ukulele Source and Ukulele Jams co-sponsor one with Roy's Station monthly starting in May. Ukulele Source website has info. I think it is first Saturday of the month from 5-7pm. Really casual and a good time. Lots of door prizes, etc. I try to make as many as I can.

Thanks! I sent the info to my sister. She went to Dana St. Roasting Co. last night and I hope it went well.

Top Bottom