Private lessons

Kevs-the-name

Reaction score
Trying to work out the benefit of private lessons,
at the moment, I am learning using youtube, books and other web based tools (inc UU)
as such, I don't know what I want to know
I have learnt basic chords, chord progression, reading tabs strum patterns etc
so, what benefits will private lessons provide,

I am asking because I need to know what else is on offer, not to claim to know it all. I know there is much to learn but will private lessons help?

if you have the time,money and the right ukulele teacher..private lessons are the best..your teacher is right there in front of you..you can stop and ask questions any time you want..you can get music you want to play etc..

but again you need the time to do it..i think you learn quicker too..i have had group lessons before and it was hard to keep up with the class..private lessons you go at your pace

but I am old(school) I like working with people face to face

only my 2 cents

If the teacher is good private lessons can be a real benefit - the teacher can immediately spot "problems" with your technique that might haunt you for years. But, if the teacher is not a good teacher private lessons are quite possibly worse than a waste of time and money...

BTW, the ability to play well does not always, dare I say not often, imply the the ability to teach...

John

There are a few teachers around who offer lessons via Skype, including Ukulele Mike Lynch (you may have seen him on YouTube) and Matt Dahlberg. I've considered these but haven't gotten around to setting up and committing to a regular weekly lesson for a trial month or so. Seems there's always something I've picked up online or a new song that takes up my practice time. Looking forward to Brett McQueen's Ukulele Exercises for Dummies when it's released later this month. That should give a whole raft of things to work on.

Top Bottom