WTB Martin 5K new or vintage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a new 5K at Ukulele Pua Pua a while back it was priced at 5K also kind of funny how that worked out,,you do know a vintage 1016-20 goes for about 20 to $25,000.00 right? do you want to spend that much..

good luck on your search

I will consider any offered

wow if your are interested I know where there is a for real vintage 5K in perfect condition.but it will cost at least what I printed above..have not spoken with the person In 6 months but I know he does not play it..just keeping it in the family..if you want I can see if he interested..

I am coming to Hawaii in the near future and would be interested.

OK I will call and find out exact year of the uke.. I know it is a 5K for sure before 1930 and it is in pristine condition..maybe not a nicer one around..

when are you traveling to Oahu? do you have your trip planned already and are you only looking for vintage Martins?

btw PM if you are interested

Vintage Instruments in Philadelphia has one for, I believe, $9k that Fred claims to be basically perfect (and he is one of the most reputable vintage dealers around).

From the site:

26. MARTIN, Style 5-K, c.1925, highly figured koa top, back & sides, no cracks or repairs, completely original, in a particularly fine state of preservation, clean original hard case, has the look of a one-owner instrument with practically no use at all, (Our #28998)

I see that it currently is on HOLD, but you might give him a call.

28998z_zpse94a9852.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom