PDA

View Full Version : Any good uke shops in Daytona FLa. ?

dismount
04-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Headed there this summer for a week for r and r. Any must see uke places I can make the wife go chech out?? :) Phil

hawaii 50
04-08-2013, 08:13 AM
not sure where he located but I think LoPrenzie(sorry bout spelling) ukulele out there,,custom builder who works along side his daughter they pretty famous to

dismount
04-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Mahalo I'll check it out

Loudster
04-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Loprinzi is in clearwater, which is on the gulf coast (which is more of my neck of the woods). Just heads up as that drive might constitute a decent time commitment if you're coming from Daytona.

dismount
04-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Loprinzi is in clearwater, which is on the gulf coast (which is more of my neck of the woods). Just heads up as that drive might constitute a decent time commitment if you're coming from Daytona.

Yes I see that, well I might be able to talk everyone to stop on the way to Daytona. But I don't know, No one else is a uke freak like me.

csr5z
04-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Clearwater is quite a hike from Daytona. For what it's worth, the LoPrinzi shop is a small place, not much
to look at. Donna LoPrinzi was *very* welcoming when I showed up unannounced
to say hello and see the shop, which is obviously a wonderful thing. But it
just so happened they did not have even one completed ukulele that I could see or play. Not their fault. -- again, I just stopped in when I happened to be in the area for work. Guess what I'm saying is - before
you make the drive there, call ahead!

PhilUSAFRet
04-09-2013, 01:16 AM
On the way, going to be anywhere near Tallahassee? Awesome music shop there, high end HaWAIIAN UKES AVAILABLE. Pass Atlanta? Uke republic.

dismount
04-09-2013, 01:49 AM
On the way, going to be anywhere near Tallahassee? Awesome music shop there, high end HaWAIIAN UKES AVAILABLE. Pass Atlanta? Uke republic.

Good idea. Thanks