The Threads You Love to See Again and Again... and again... and... well...

pulelehua

Reaction score
I had a little chuckle when I saw the 2 threads today: "Why are ukuleles suddenly so popular", and "Well, I guess the fad is over". I paraphrase, but you can find them. As I post this, they're both on my page 1.

That got me thinking:

Which threads do I keep coming to time and time again, and which do I just give a miss?

I ALWAYS look at custom threads. I suppose because they're not THAT repetitive, as each one is different. But maybe that's me. Maybe other people yawn at the thought of more photos of untreated wood, followed by photos of half-built ukuleles coated in tape head-to-toe, followed by the two dozen posts which say something along the lines of "wow".

I NEVER look at threads about ukulele sizes. Which one do you like? Why? All of that. I sort of feel like I've got what I like. I'm happy with it. I've heard the other arguments. I'm happy to live and let live, but I don't need to read about it every time.

So, of the threads which come and go and come again, which are your most and least favoured?

I glance at threads on the main board, but rarely find one that I have an interest in responding to. There's a lot of repetition as new members come along and revive the same discussions. On the subjects I am interested in, I've probably already responded in five other threads about the same topic.

Intonation. It's such a common problem, usually very easily corrected, and there is so much misinformation....

I exclusively use the what's new feature and I love everyone's video's and I am a huge fan of the Season's watching every video entered.

Intonation. It's such a common problem, usually very easily corrected, and there is so much misinformation....

so, what is intonation anyway?!?!?!

The ones I love to see... don't fall into the repetition / new user revived / exasperating to longer-term UU-ers threads... they are the Luthier's Lounge threads.

I LOVE reading their threads. Informative, funny, somewhat insane... some just downright entertaining...

Okay, well maybe there are a couple threads I love to see pop back up over there... GLUE threads. :D

Last edited:
so, what is intonation anyway?!?!?!

The uke being in tune with itself, especially when fretting strings. There are actually a couple of issues but the most common and serious problem is ukuleles that are out of tune with themselves when fretted at the first few frets because the nut slots have not been cut properly. Search the word here and you'll find many threads where it is discussed.

being somewhat 'service-oriented' I enjoy looking for threads that ask for assistance. I know my limitations (Thanks Dirty Harry :) ) so I rarely offer anything re: Music Theory... except (search Uncle Rod's Lament :) ).

I do try to 'promote' the Ukulele Boot Camp because I really believe the more who try it, the more they could benefit from returning to it from time to time. BTW, please feel free to print it out or pass it along digitally, or any which way :) Also, please add to it if you like, and use it to teach others how to make music using the ukulele.

That's all for now... (I also like typing out: ...see below)

"keep uke'in',"

The ones I love to see... don't fall into the repetition / new user revived / exasperating to longer-term UU-ers threads... they are the Luthier's Lounge threads.

I LOVE reading their threads. Informative, funny, somewhat insane... some just downright entertaining...

Okay, well maybe there are a couple threads I love to see pop back up over there... GLUE threads. :D

:agree:

THE BEST!!!

. . . I once bad mouthed a Dolphin. You'd a thought I said something denouncing Jake by the response it generated.

I'm sick to death of pictures of Willie Nelson's guitar when discussing nail marks, signs of wear, etc.

I always love the tonerite threads.

And those threads where people introduce new uke makers, like when a guitar luthier decides to make ukes--love to see the diversity of responses to this

Top Bottom