Brand Recognition for 1950's Era Tenor and Banjo Ukes

powerharp

Reaction score
It's been 50 plus years since my father gave my mother the two ukes referred to above. I played them for about a year back then when I was 8 or 9. For about 35 years the ukes were decorations on my cousins' walls along with horns, guitars, bongos....etc. The last 5ish years they've been on a shelf in their garage.

The banjo is playable. The tenor has a couple of cracks in the body and needs new tuners. I plan on replacing the tuners on both and am in the midst of repairing the cracks on the tenor.

Neither ax has a brand name visible. The banjo has a small "Made in Japan" sticker on it. The tenor has a mahogany body and no visible brand or model names anywhere. The white trim around the sound hole might be a clue. I plan on posting a picture of it here, but in the meantime, can anyone recommend a sight where I might peruse images that might help identify this instrument?

I plan on putting new tuners on both this week. stewmac.com has some inexpensive non-friction tuners that I plan to buy.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments.

Elderly instruments might be a good site to look at some old ukes. There are many others as well. The white around the sound hole may be a Harmony. Look at Harmony ukulele images in a google search. Good luck and welcome to UU!

Top Bottom