Song Help Request Baritone uke songs

COLMAN83

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a beginner uke player.
I bought a Lanikai S-B Baritone.
I'm playing daily for 30 min to 1 hour for 1 month and until now i can play
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
Bob Marley - no Woman no Cry (easy version)
James Blunt - You're beautifull

Now the reason i'm posting this thread is because i cant find any good songs, lessons, tutorials, chords, tabs, etc for my Baritone uke.

Could anyone please help me out with that?
If you suggest me something please music in the style like Jason Mraz, Bob Marley, The Beatles, etc.

I also bought a book "bari best" in the U.S. but it will take up to 5 weeks to send it to belgium...
Yes indeed 5 WEEKS!!! Belgium is not outer space i guess....

I read on this forum that i can use guitar chord / tabs but then its difficult to find the right strumming pattern.

I found on the "doctoruke" site songs converted for bari uke's but that is not my music style..

Please give me some useful hints, tips, tricks, links, etc.

Thanks you!

Steven.

thanks for the help guys

Guys,

Thanks you very much for the useful links!!!
That wil keep me definitely bussy for a long time...
I started palying an electric guitar but didnt likked the rough sound coming out of the amp.
So i decided to buy my first Uke!
That Uke is my best buy for 2013 for so far!
I really like that instrument.

Maybe once i have some good basics on my bari i'll buy a tenor uke also.
Is it difficult to change between bari an tenor / concert / soprano ukes?

Greets from Belgium!

Steven.
Uke.jpg

This is my Lanikai S-B bari uke with case.
Bought brand new for 180 euro's (235$)
Fitted with aquila string so ist sound PERFECT!!! :p

Maybe once i have some good basics on my bari i'll buy a tenor uke also.
Is it difficult to change between bari an tenor / concert / soprano ukes?

Changing between baritone uke and tenor/concert/soprano uke isn't too tough for your fingers---the same chord shapes work perfectly.

It can be a little tricky for your ears and your brain---the same chord shapes give a different pitches and they have different chord names. (The G chord shape for baritone uke played on a tenor/concert/soprano gives a C chord, for example.)

Changing between baritone uke and tenor/concert/soprano uke isn't too tough for your fingers---the same chord shapes work perfectly.

It can be a little tricky for your ears and your brain---the same chord shapes give a different pitches and they have different chord names. (The G chord shape for baritone uke played on a tenor/concert/soprano gives a C chord, for example.)

I played a little guitar, so when I took the uke plunge a few weeks I decided to go baritone. Loving it.
My thought is that when I eventually get pulled into a GCEA instrument - which is inevitable if I hang out here :) - I will just continue to think of the baritone chord names with the shapes - and instead transpose the song charts I have.

Top Bottom