Luthiers in Illinois?

airmanfoote

Reaction score
I tried the search and didn't net any results. I hope this is in the right forum as well. Like the topic reads, are there any known ukulele luthiers in Illinois? Thanks in advance!

I have used Danche Guitars in Oak Park. Very good work. But, I currently use Chicago Fret Works (Chicago). I like them because after developing a relationship with the professionals there, they now have serious respect for us and our instruments. Only Guitar Center is cheap, but having a luthier who understands my needs and the value of my instruments is very important.

Jim at Hogeye Music did great work for me when I lived in the area.

What do you need done?
Mike White at CV Loyd in Champagne is really awesome. Have brought my stuff to him.
In peoria, Flores sells ukes and have heard good things too

Thank you for all the replies. I will look into each and every one. I'm hoping standard Google searches will yield contact info?

Basically, I've had my Lanikai LU-21CE/BK for over a year and half now and have been dealing with the intonation being slightly sharp up the fretboard. My ear is really starting to get annoyed. I guess it has finally developed. :)

I took a guitar I got into Flores Music and they did a fantastic job, but the man seems a little scared to work on my ukulele or that because its just a Lanikai, he can't do much to improve it. I have a buddy who has recently taken the time to learn to be a luthier and I am willing to let him make the adjustments. He even bought a bone nut and saddle for me.

I guess more or less, if my buddy screws up, or to help my buddy and I learn more about "luthiering", I was hoping I could find someone dedicated to the ukulele who could help us along.

I was not even thinking about custom made ukuleles, until now. THANKS! :D

Thank you for all the replies. I will look into each and every one. I'm hoping standard Google searches will yield contact info?

Basically, I've had my Lanikai LU-21CE/BK for over a year and half now and have been dealing with the intonation being slightly sharp up the fretboard. My ear is really starting to get annoyed. I guess it has finally developed. :)

I took a guitar I got into Flores Music and they did a fantastic job, but the man seems a little scared to work on my ukulele or that because its just a Lanikai, he can't do much to improve it. I have a buddy who has recently taken the time to learn to be a luthier and I am willing to let him make the adjustments. He even bought a bone nut and saddle for me.

I guess more or less, if my buddy screws up, or to help my buddy and I learn more about "luthiering", I was hoping I could find someone dedicated to the ukulele who could help us along.

I was not even thinking about custom made ukuleles, until now. THANKS! :D

This is going to sound weird, but.. Flip the saddle around. I had a LU-21 that was just off and I did that and it was good.
or
It might be time to upgrade. LU-21 is good to start with, but you may want to buy something better.
Not sure if you come to the Normal Uke jam (www.NormalUkeJam.com) but we have tons of ukes to try in every price range

Interesting tip on the saddle. I'll let my friend know. He has a new bone saddle he was going to try too.

I had a feeling it was about time for an upgrade, just thought I'd see what I could do to the Lanikai first. Its my only one. :) Gonna have to save those pennies now.

I have not been to Normal for the uke club. Sounds like a plan now. I'll share that link with my buddy too! Thank you very much!

Top Bottom