So...was anybody else...

OldePhart

Reaction score
...having withdrawal symptoms today?

I usually peruse the forum while munching a sandwich at lunch and was a bit lost with the forum down today. I sure am glad it came back up in time for dinner!

John

Yes, for me I open the forum in the morning with my cup of coffee before going to work...what a quiet morning today....Really missed it...Glad it is back up again.

Yeah John..

might not be a good way to practice..but I have my laptop in front of whn I practice..one song then UU and over again.maybe that's why I such a lousy player..lol

Yes, the symptom for me was that I got more stuff done

...having withdrawal symptoms today?

I usually peruse the forum while munching a sandwich at lunch and was a bit lost with the forum down today. I sure am glad it came back up in time for dinner!

John

he he...slept through it all. Every now and then I'm thankful for the timezone differences. :p

Yeah John..

might not be a good way to practice..but I have my laptop in front of whn I practice..one song then UU and over again.maybe that's why I such a lousy player..lol

I can kind of relate. I would doubtless be a much better player if I posted less (what, something like 2500 posts a year right now? LOL) and played more but on the other hand I learn so much from this forum and am inspired by others to do stuff I'd otherwise probably not even think about. (I avoided "jazz" on guitar for almost twenty years but Dougf's videos in the seasons challenge have kind of prompted me to start stretching in that direction a little bit.)

John

Yes, I was quite lost today without UU, glad it's back.

It was awful, I actually had to do some work to pass the time at work. :)

Down again today? I didn't notice thanks to my neighbor down the road slicing through my phone/dsl line while digging a post-hole. Doh!

But I was definitely missing the forum when it was down a few days ago. Wonder what's up with the recent instability?

It could be that adsense is temporarily suspended, which was probably their main source of income. They should start a membership drive to raise funds

Yes. My OCD exploded!!!

Seriously though, I have a routine of going from one blog/forum to the other in pretty much the same sequential order many times a day. I't's how I spend a few minutes between tasks in a little down time. I've never really added up the minutes a day I spend, but during a typical "work day" it probably doesn't add up to more than 30 minutes if that.

Food forum, gadget blog, FB, this forum, Costa Rica forum, and a couple of others now and then. I guess I like routine... and when it breaks it's just not normal. And I don't like it.

Sings: "Cold Turkey.... had got me..... on the run!" :)

Never noticed it was down. Been busy. Had a look first thing this morning, then didn't look again till late evening. First I knew was when I looked at this thread.

It felt eerie and empty...like a ghost forum.....holy crap....what would you do without UU forums...it is my fix for the mornings... wish they had a back up server if that is even possible... :)

I didn;t even know it...was busy playing piano badly and cleaning house...had to come to work early too...whew...

Yes, it was down a few days ago and I posted that I was having withdrawals. Then today I went ballistic. " I cannot take it!!!" If it is down tomorrow I will die :)

It felt eerie and empty...like a ghost forum.....holy crap....what would you do without UU forums...it is my fix for the mornings... wish they had a back up server if that is even possible... :)

Me too Stan. Saw it was done for a while.

But it seems to be running faster/smoother now.

Top Bottom