PDA

View Full Version : New Luis Feu De Mesquita ukes!

Stevelele
04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
He just made four of them. Two are for sale. Check these babies out. Word on the street is that they sound amazing:

ukestah
04-10-2013, 11:27 AM
He just made four of them. Two are for sale. Check these babies out. Word on the street is that they sound amazing:

Ooh, they look awesome! The one on the right with the beveled edge looks sweet! Thanks for the heads up, Steve... even though I won't be purchasing one haha.

hawaii 50
04-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Ooh, they look awesome! The one on the right with the beveled edge looks sweet! Thanks for the heads up, Steve... even though I won't be purchasing one haha.

Dan my other pal Daniel(nogdam) big Lfdm fan..i think he is going to have 2 of them the new one could be in the pictures

ukestah
04-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Dan my other pal Daniel(nogdam) big Lfdm fan..i think he is going to have 2 of them the new one could be in the pictures

I want to try one out! LoL But maybe best I don't, otherwise my wallet will take a hit.

hawaii 50
04-10-2013, 11:37 AM
I want to try one out! LoL But maybe best I don't, otherwise my wallet will take a hit.

I think the sinker Redwood one might be his..ask um nicely and he might bring it next time he come Oahu with his MB..I went to lunch with Daniel and Stan..super nice guy..and he plays good too..

Stevelele
04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
no, that's not his--that one is for sale a remenyi house of music and so is the one next to it. Daniel's hasn't been made yet, I don't think

I think the sinker Redwood one might be his..ask um nicely and he might bring it next time he come Oahu with his MB..I went to lunch with Daniel and Stan..super nice guy..and he plays good too..

hawaii 50
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
no, that's not his--that one is for sale a remenyi house of music and so is the one next to it. Daniel's hasn't been made yet, I don't think

OK Steve which one is yours..or 2

Stevelele
04-10-2013, 11:57 AM
you got me! but i actually ordered a custom, which should be done in July

OK Steve which one is yours..or 2

RichM
04-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Oh, my... he just keeps getting better.

mds725
04-10-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure how this thread got this far without a link to the website.
http://lfdmguitars.ca/

Dan Uke
04-10-2013, 12:37 PM

You guys won't have to wait long since Andrew from HMS ordered a few! Maybe I should put Roger Tuners! Naaahhh....Can't afford but those sure look nice. You gonna be impressed w/ sound and build quality. I love cutaways!! I keep my specs secret so that no one copy it! LOL

Lexxy
04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
The one on the far right looks amazing. Absolutely amazing.

hawaii 50
04-10-2013, 02:10 PM
You guys won't have to wait long since Andrew from HMS ordered a few! Maybe I should put Roger Tuners! Naaahhh....Can't afford but those sure look nice. You gonna be impressed w/ sound and build quality. I love cutaways!! I keep my specs secret so that no one copy it! LOL

You should get the Rogers Tuners..I bet Steve beat you to them..
they are nice man..it would look good on the slotted headstock....Rob Rogers seems like a good guy

Daniel,just drink one less Starbucks a day and you have enough money..for real

mm stan
04-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Aloha Steve,
You enabler you...ha ha does anybody have one to sell me second hand....:)

hawaii 50
04-10-2013, 02:13 PM
you got me! but i actually ordered a custom, which should be done in July

Steve make me a mind reader..you getting the Rogers tuners right..you already contact Rob?

fumanshu
04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Wow....Luis did some amazing work on these ukes once again.... Believe me, anyone who tries or playes his uke will tell you.....they sound amazing!!!! Well, I never look back or touch anything else since the day that Luis sold me one of his first custom ukes..........

You can hear how his uke can sound like on my cover of Bizarre Love Triangle on my Souncloud account......the uke you're hearing is a LFDM.....

Stevelele
04-10-2013, 05:51 PM
no, no rogers for me. one thing i can't get myself to spend big on is tuners

Steve make me a mind reader..you getting the Rogers tuners right..you already contact Rob?

Stevelele
04-10-2013, 05:52 PM
This is one of the best uke soundclips i've ever heard. way to go, bao!

Wow....Luis did some amazing work on these ukes once again.... Believe me, anyone who tries or playes his uke will tell you.....they sound amazing!!!! Well, I never look back or touch anything else since the day that Luis sold me one of his first custom ukes..........

You can hear how his uke can sound like on my cover of Bizarre Love Triangle on my Souncloud account......the uke you're hearing is a LFDM.....

Dan Uke
04-11-2013, 08:46 AM

I'm like you...I don't believe in perfect intonation and once the strings stretch, I barely touch the tuners. I didn't even want to spend extra money on waverlys

ukestah
04-11-2013, 08:48 AM

I don't normally spend anything extra on tuners, but had to cough up some cash for the Gilberts on my Kerry Char... just figured aesthetically it'd mesh well with the African Blackwood.

hawaii 50
04-11-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't normally spend anything extra on tuners, but had to cough up some cash for the Gilberts on my Kerry Char... just figured aesthetically it'd mesh well with the African Blackwood.

Hey Dan.. those Gilberts expensive too..if I had the money I put all the crazy stuff I can on a one off uke..but there got be a limit..I like to dream..haha

Dan Uke
04-11-2013, 09:18 AM

Very good thought process...Just to show how much African Blackwood is relative to other woods. Luis recommended AB to me but didn't want to pay that much so got Macassar Ebony instead...I prefer less figure for dark woods...Some of those curls in ME & Ziricote scare me!!

http://www.lmii.com/products/mostly-wood/backs-sides

fumanshu
04-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Very good thought process...Just to show how much African Blackwood is relative to other woods. Luis recommended AB to me but didn't want to pay that much so got Macassar Ebony instead...I prefer less figure for dark woods...Some of those curls in ME & Ziricote scare me!!

Macassar Ebony is such a nice wood tonewise as well as it look! I didn't know that Luis has some Macassar ebony!!!

ukestah
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM

How much was the ABW upgrade? Was the cost high due to the cost of the wood or how hard it is to work with? Macassar Ebony is nice wood too though, but I loved the look of an ABW guitar that I saw a few years ago.

Dan Uke
04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
How much was the ABW upgrade? Was the cost high due to the cost of the wood or how hard it is to work with? Macassar Ebony is nice wood too though, but I loved the look of an ABW guitar that I saw a few years ago.

The cost was high due to the cost of wood. We didn't get that far as another hundred or two wouldn't be much but if you upgrade everything, then the costs really gets up there. I really like the look of ABW too and your uke is truly stunning. I'm not from Hawaii so only need one koa uke but I love the sound of spruce.

fumanshu
04-11-2013, 02:45 PM
This is one of the best uke soundclips i've ever heard. way to go, bao!

thanks a lot, I think I did mic quite well during the recordings.....in the real, I think the LFDM uke sounds even more amazing....projection is just insane...!

Dan Uke
04-11-2013, 05:12 PM
I hear the englemann spruce is already sold...apparently someone read this thread :p

fumanshu
04-11-2013, 05:19 PM
I hear the englemann spruce is already sold...apparently someone read this thread :p

His Englemann spruce sounds very cool, I did have the chance to try the one that he build for his wife last year and it sounds very nice....but quite different from my cedar top with indian rosewood.....

coolcow
04-12-2013, 11:46 PM
The far right one is my newest custom uke from LFDM :o

pcspud
04-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Coolcow, you have a nice collection of ukuleles!!

coolcow
04-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Coolcow, you have a nice collection of ukuleles!!

Thanks, I guess my UAS (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome) is getting pretty serious, I need to get help. :p

Dan Uke
04-13-2013, 12:17 AM

Wow...can you start your own thread w more pics and sound sample/ review? Congrats

Would love your thoughts compared to your other ukes!

coolcow
04-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Wow...can you start your own thread w more pics and sound sample/ review? Congrats

Would love your thoughts compared to your other ukes!

Luis just sent out my uke yesterday so i'm still waiting for it to arrive.
I will start a new thread once I received it, I might do a sound sample but I have to get the right recording equitment first.

Dan Uke
04-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Luis just sent out my uke yesterday so i'm still waiting for it to arrive.
I will start a new thread once I received it, I might do a sound sample but I have to get the right recording equitment first.

Your uke is already famous as Andrew from HMS posted a pic here with your arm rest. Lovely.

You definitely need to let us know which one you like best!

hawaii 50
04-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Hi Coolcow..
I have a Devine on order also..and I am pals with Nongdam so I am interested in your views on your ukes.. never see any post on Devine sound so I am pretty sure Eric would love to here your comparison too..

when did you get your Devine(what serial number) and how long did you wait for your KoAloha and Kanile'a customs to get built..if you in Hawaii I would love to see them Thxs

mm stan
04-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Wow all you high end uke buyers are making me so jealous....shoots...

hawaii 50
04-13-2013, 05:11 AM
Wow all you high end uke buyers are making me so jealous....shoots...

who you trying to fool..
that's a good one huh Daniel...hehe

Dan Uke
04-13-2013, 05:21 AM
who you trying to fool..
that's a good one huh Daniel...hehe

exponentially yes...Mystery Man trying to be mysterious with his uke collection. ;)

fumanshu
04-13-2013, 09:15 AM

Wow you're such a lucky guy!!!! Is it the one with the bevel??!!! This one is just damn nice, I wish he did it on mine when I got my uke from him a year ago.....but I have one of his first one so....there was no bevel on them....

Let me know how does sounds like compare to your Devine!!!!! I'm just so curious since it's 2 great builder........but I'm a LFDM fan since the day that I owned mine......and they just great on recordings also!!!

Congrats!

coolcow
04-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi Coolcow..
I have a Devine on order also..and I am pals with Nongdam so I am interested in your views on your ukes.. never see any post on Devine sound so I am pretty sure Eric would love to here your comparison too..

when did you get your Devine(what serial number) and how long did you wait for your KoAloha and Kanile'a customs to get built..if you in Hawaii I would love to see them Thxs

Hi Hawaii 50, I have a Devine order also...probably have to wait till 2014/2015 to get build.:p
My current Devine Koa Tenor is #173, I got it without the long wait coz I saw Eric's blog that said two of his ukes are sending to PUAPUA, then I contacted Tyler right away. Devine's tenor is my favorite now, the sound is so rich, clean and precise sound when played.

And I got the KoAloha from HMS and Kanile's from Ebay, but i'm planning to sell my KoAloha tho.

I live in HongKong, but I would love to visit Hawaii one day.

hawaii 50
04-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi Hawaii 50, I have a Devine order also...probably have to wait till 2014/2015 to get build.:p
My current Devine Koa Tenor is #173, I got it without the long wait coz I saw Eric's blog that said two of his ukes are sending to PUAPUA, then I contacted Tyler right away. Devine's tenor is my favorite now, the sound is so rich, clean and precise sound when played.

And I got the KoAloha from HMS and Kanile's from Ebay, but i'm planning to sell my KoAloha tho.

I live in HongKong, but I would love to visit Hawaii one day.

I knew it was you..I tried to go to PuaPua to play that Devine but it never made it to the store..Tyler said it was sent to Hong Kong..I don't know where the second one went to,,but your are very lucky,,

I ordered my Devine last April but I got Eric to take longer on mine(should be ready next year) since I am still trying to become a better ukulele player..I will send you a PM with my uke collection..

keep in touch if you ever come to Oahu I will give you a tour of the great Ukulele shops and factories..

Dan Uke
04-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Coolcow

How did you hear about LFDM. I'm always curious as he's relatively unknown.

Hawaii 50 is the unofficial ukulele tour guide of Oahu.

hawaii 50
04-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Coolcow

thanks Daniel..can't wait till you come back..

coolcow
04-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Wow you're such a lucky guy!!!! Is it the one with the bevel??!!! This one is just damn nice, I wish he did it on mine when I got my uke from him a year ago.....but I have one of his first one so....there was no bevel on them....

Let me know how does sounds like compare to your Devine!!!!! I'm just so curious since it's 2 great builder........but I'm a LFDM fan since the day that I owned mine......and they just great on recordings also!!!

Congrats!

Hi bao, your soundclip influenced me to get a LFDM uke.:)
I asked Luis to add a bevel coz I saw one of his guitar has it so i'm curious how would it look on a uke and it turns out absolutely stunning. I see lots of Devine & LFDM fans are waiting for a review, but I'm not a professional player, and never wrote a review before so i'm kinda hesitate if my review helps any of you at all.:p

coolcow
04-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I knew it was you..I tried to go to PuaPua to play that Devine but it never made it to the store..Tyler said it was sent to Hong Kong..I don't know where the second one went to,,but your are very lucky,,

I ordered my Devine last April but I got Eric to take longer on mine(should be ready next year) since I am still trying to become a better ukulele player..I will send you a PM with my uke collection..

keep in touch if you ever come to Oahu I will give you a tour of the great Ukulele shops and factories..

Coolcow

hawaii 50, I'm wondering the same thing where's the 2nd Devine went.
Thanks for being my tour guide, "visiting ukulele shops and factories in Hawaii" iis my top 5 "must do in a lifetime" list.

nongdam I heard about LFDM right here,. I was looking for custom uke builder coz production uke doesn't satisfied me anymore....I actually looked up for every single builder appears in this forum. And after hearing a few soundclip, that's it....I have to contact Luis and have him to build me one.

Dan Uke
04-13-2013, 08:54 PM
hawaii 50, I'm wondering the same thing where's the 2nd Devine went.
Thanks for being my tour guide, "visiting ukulele shops and factories in Hawaii" iis my top 5 "must do in a lifetime" list.

nongdam I heard about LFDM right here,. I was looking for custom uke builder coz production uke doesn't satisfied me anymore....I actually looked up for every single builder appears in this forum. And after hearing a few soundclip, that's it....I have to contact Luis and have him to build me one.

I think he is reasonably priced for what you get. He puts so much passion into each uke. What is the name of your uke?

coolcow
04-13-2013, 10:16 PM
I think he is reasonably priced for what you get. He puts so much passion into each uke. What is the name of your uke?

Agree, I'm really pleased with all the delicate work and passion he put on the uke. my uke's name is "coolcow"

Stevelele
04-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Don't hesitate! Very few of us on here are professionals, and almost none of us has a Devine and a LFDM. You are the only one that I know of. We always take each other's views with a grain of salt but we also love to hear a bunch of different opinions.

I asked Luis to add a bevel coz I saw one of his guitar has it so i'm curious how would it look on a uke and it turns out absolutely stunning. I see lots of Devine & LFDM fans are waiting for a review, but I'm not a professional player, and never wrote a review before so i'm kinda hesitate if my review helps any of you at all.:p

fumanshu
04-14-2013, 06:29 AM

Hey!! It's nice that my soundclip influenced you to get a LFDM....By the way, I just finished last night a new recording and original composition with my LFDM uke....you should make a listening to it....it's a nice blend of ukulele-electro-ambiant- music....let me know how it sounds like!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/mlle-elastique-by-caro-bao?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fbaouke% 2Fmlle-elastique-by-caro-bao

As for the bevel on your uke......I really liked it!!!! I first saw that kind of bevel on James Hill Dasilva's custom uke....I tried it and just love the feel of it.....But since I bought the very first custom from Luis..I just bought what he has in stock at that moment....but to redo it today, I would want a bevel on it like yours!!!!

Thanks and talk to you soon....and let me know if you like my new LFDM recordings (called Mlle. Elastique.....which means Miss. Rubberband......and it's a story of a girl who would do every sexual demands to please someone etc......) on my soundcloud...

Dan Uke
04-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks and talk to you soon....and let me know if you like my new LFDM recordings (called Mlle. Elastique.....which means Miss. Rubberband......and it's a story of a girl who would do every sexual demands to please someone etc......) on my soundcloud...

Maybe it's good I don't understand cuz the title a little too kinky but the song had a cool vibe.

fumanshu
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Maybe it's good I don't understand cuz the title a little too kinky but the song had a cool vibe.

Hahhahaahah!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! I know....it's in french but like you said.....vibe is there!!! ;)