Kanilea K1T Premium Koa Satin Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialk13

Reaction score
SOLD

Up for sale is a 2012 Kanilea K1T with premium koa and satin finish. This uke also has a LR Baggs 5.0 pickup and Waverly tuners. This is my last tenor that I'm selling and it's the hardest for me to part with. This uke has endured many custom and expensive tenor ukes coming through my house and I think it's just a great example from Kanilea. Overall condition is excellent except for some issues I'll list below. It's a fantastic players uke and I'm hoping it will go to a good home where it will be appreciated. Comes with a decent hardshell case that's in excellent shape.

Issues: The original owner botched the pickup install (which is how I ended up with it) and therefore it has a small chip of koa missing at the endpin jack (see pic) and the bridge was filed strangely for some reason so it was then filled with a tiny amount of wood putty (see pic). I had my local luthier check this out and he offered to replace the saddle with a slightly wider one at some point if I wanted but that everything was solid. Long story short, It sounds and plays great, it's structurally sound, and the pickup works perfectly. I am pricing the uke accordingly and also allowing the buyer two days to play it and check it out to make sure they approve.

One more note: I installed Waverly tuners with koa buttons and no modifications were made to the headstock to swap the Grovers out. The mounting and peg holes matched up perfectly. These tuners work well and look like they were meant to be on the uke.

Attachments

• Kanilea Sign.jpg
    Kanilea Sign.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 186
  • KT7.jpg
    KT7.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 196
  • KT1.jpg
    KT1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 165
  • KT2.jpg
    KT2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Pics

More Pics....

Attachments

• KT3.jpg
    KT3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 120
  • KT4.jpg
    KT4.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 130
  • KT5.jpg
    KT5.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 122
  • KT6.jpg
    KT6.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC03721.jpg
    DSC03721.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 146
Beautiful instrument at an awesome price! I'm almost tempted! SpecialK13 is a great guy to deal with.

vcluxt surveyor

I can do $600 on paypal as soon as you accept.

John
Laguna

I really hope you can afford to hold out for the asking price, sk13. It's worth every penny (probably significantly more that you're asking to be honest).

PM sent! I'm really interested

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. That is some really tasty koa. If I didn't just buy a K-I this would be gone. The one I bought is BEAUTIFUL. I'll bet yours is stunning in person, the koa looks awesome just in the pics. and a baggs pikup to boot. I have one and they are the best I've used. all this and great price add up to a no brainer if you are in the market for a GREAT TENOR. trust me , only with a lot more $ can you get a better uke than this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom