Hole in the market...

BigD

Reaction score
So im fairly new to the site (i lurked for faaar to long before takin the plunge and just joining) and ive noticed a bit of a trend here lately. It seems the solid body electric ukulele market is lacking heavily in the mid range of prices and quality. I wish i had the funds for a pete howlett creation(ohh so badly...) but im just not quite there. But on the flip side of the spectrum there's a plethora of lower quality ukes like the stagg. Some ppl seem to love them but to many bad reviews make me uneasy. Especially with eleuke having the qc issues of late i feel there's a HUUGE gap in the market. Thoughts? Opinions? Or is there the perfect electric uke thats been right there the whole time and i just missed it? lol ive seen the eastwood airline, the sojing, the risa beans, the lp style risa, the eleukes and more but it seems once you actually go looking its a dead end.
(also i know ill be suggested to the risa stick and im just not a fan in any way)

Been in the works, but may be a while off, Pono wil have a version of the Ko'olau CE model. Chambered solid body. Heard it here first. But they might be prototyping all year, so it won't help you anytime soon.

Been in the works, but may be a while off, Pono wil have a version of the Ko'olau CE model. Chambered solid body. Heard it here first. But they might be prototyping all year, so it won't help you anytime soon.

Monkey Wrench makes a great steal string electric.

Solidbody Fluke is a good mid-price option if you don't mind the shape.

I have a B.C. Rich Warlock and my Fender acoustic as well as my ukes so its not just the desire for the electric sound im after but i understand exactly what you're saying. Mainly ive just come to discover that im much more comfortable with a uke in my hands and id like something different. But thats also why i dont want to spend an arm and a leg on an electric uke because your right i do already have the warlock. I guess mainly im in the market for a nylon strung solid tenor because i feel like it would round out the ongoing collection and ive never had one. I was originally very very interested in the eleuke because it was exactly what i wanted, no more then 300 or so, nylon strung and good reviews from people who got working ones. But alas who knows when i can get one :/ those pete howlett and monkey wrench steel strung are quite the lookers tho...

This is awesome news!! I do not mind waiting for this to hit the market!

Top Bottom