Peterson Strobe clip on with "Uke sweetened tuning"?

billcarr

Reaction score
I got the above tuner just yesterday and it will take a little while to get used to the strobe.

However..I have been using it both in standard mode and sweetened uke mode. From what I can gather, so far, the only difference is that in uke mode it tunes the G string on my tenor about 3 cents flat as compared to standard mode.

There may be other slight differences but I think they must be so small that I can't hear it making any difference to the overall sound.

This is a very accurate tuner but I am not 100% convinced that it's not overkill... not yet anyway.

Bill

Edit... And the battery that came with it is dead after 1 day. No telling how long the unit was sitting before I bought it. but I do wish I could turn off the back lighting on this tuner. It probably drains the small lithium battery very fast.

Bill

Last edited:
Bill
I have one too..
I like it make sure you use the sustain mode..

but my cherub has a better feature where you can drop each note plus or minus up to +50 or -50

Yeah, it's my opinion it's overkill.

Well that didn't last long- After 2 days it started playing up, very unstable and the backlighting went dead. I thought it might be the factory battery so I bought a new one. Used it once to tune my uke after that but now its totally dead. Yet another new battery installed but it shows no sign of life at all.

I have contacted the seller to see what he can do about it. If they offer me a refund I might just take it. The Peterson Strobesoft app for iPhone is just as good a tuner.

Bill

Last edited:
Wow Bill I have had mine for 2 weeks I like it so far very precise tuning..i hope mine doesn't die on me..let me know if they exchange it for you

Glad I did not pop for one yet....I love my cherub man...battery lasts at least 4-5 months....and love the features

?..The Peterson Strobesoft app for iPhone is just as good a tuner.

Bill

Yeah, but it takes a lot of duct tape to keep my iPhone on the headstock.

Well that didn't last long- After 2 days it started playing up, very unstable and the backlighting went dead. I thought it might be the factory battery so I bought a new one. Used it once to tune my uke after that but now its totally dead. Yet another new battery installed but it shows no sign of life at all.

I have contacted the seller to see what he can do about it. If they offer me a refund I might just take it. The Peterson Strobesoft app for iPhone is just as good a tuner.

Bill

Contact Peterson directly. Their customer service is excellent, they really stand behind their product. I had a Stroboclip that went bad and called them. Basically, I gave them a credit card number, they sent me a new tuner in a pre-paid return box so I could send them back the defective unit. As long as they get the bad tuner back, they don't charge the card.

I like mine very much although I keep away from the "sweetened" tunings. They sound great when playing alone, but if you play with others you will be ever so slightly out of tune.

Scooter

Which Cherub model did you buy Stan? Looking for a tuner as mine is not doing it's job.

Bruddah Stan is reffering to the WST-550C model. I have 5 of these and love them. Thanks for the tip Stan............
Oh, batteries for these (CR2032), 5 for a dollar at any 99cent or dollar store............

Last edited:
Which Cherub model did you buy Stan? Looking for a tuner as mine is not doing it's job.

Pat our friend Stan gave me one of his and I like it ,,to really fine tune ukes..I have bad eyes let me give you the model #WST-550C..I hope you can find one

Pat our friend Stan gave me one of his and I like it ,,to really fine tune ukes..I have bad eyes let me give you the model #WST-550C..I hope you can find one

Aloha Bruddah,
Sun's Gift Shop (forgot what number kiosk) on Dukes Lane off of Kuhio has them for $15.00 but got them for $13.00. Just tell her you bought one online on ebay from her store for $13.00, free shipping. Nice lady............

Aloha Bruddah,
Sun's Gift Shop (forgot what number kiosk) on Dukes Lane off of Kuhio has them for $15.00 but got them for $13.00. Just tell her you bought one online on ebay from her store for $13.00, free shipping. Nice lady............

I was wondering where bruddah Stan gets all his tips from now I see thxs Bo..

hope to meet up with when you come visit Stan

I was wondering where bruddah Stan gets all his tips from now I see thxs Bo..

hope to meet up with when you come visit Stan

Be there in July, Ryrod gonna be there too and I'm gonna try to put together a UU Day in Hawaii Nei. Maybe you can help too. More info to follow or PM me for ideas. Lunch at a park?...........

Be there in July, Ryrod gonna be there too and I'm gonna try to put together a UU Day in Hawaii Nei. Maybe you can help too. More info to follow or PM me for ideas. Lunch at a park?...........

OK Stan the guy to get involved,,I can see if Dan(ukestah) can go..Kakaako Ocean/beach Front Park beautiful..lots of parking benches ocean view green rolling hills..

I can bring Stan if he up for it..I know many UUers here Pueo,Kelliyama,MGM(but he always working)Andrew(but he always working) if it around the Ukulele festival many UUers from the mainland too,,

I can help but try get bruddah Stan involved too you know him he like this kind stuff

Last edited:
OK Stan the guy to get involved,,I can see if Dan(ukestah) can go..Kakaako Ocean/beach Front Park beautiful..lots of parking benches ocean view green rolling hills..

I can bring Stan if he up for it..I know many UUers here Pueo,Kelliyama,MGM(but he always working)Andrew(but he always working) if it around the Ukulele festival many UUers from the mainland too,,

I can help but try get bruddah Stan involved too you know him he like this kind stuff

Bruddah Stan knows about this. I mentioned it to him a few months ago and he's good to go, health pending....

Top Bottom