Eddy Finn Banjoleles?

DHutto

Reaction score
Hi UUers!

I just want to know what people think about the Eddy Finn line of banjoleles? Who has one? What do you think of it?

since you guys are selling them already, wouldn't you know best?

since you guys are selling them already, wouldn't you know best?

Great point! I am actually spending time with them now, but I am just curious about what others think about them. Just trying to get some other people's reactions instead of just my own. Sorry for any confusion.

well made and aesthtically pleasing, more of a modern feel, pointy sound.
Great point! I am actually spending time with them now, but I am just curious about what others think about them. Just trying to get some other people's reactions instead of just my own. Sorry for any confusion.

I came to sales through the backdoor with the Morgan Monroe banjos and banjulele. Then they were rebadged as Eddy Finn. I have sold several of the soprano banjukes, a couple of the model BU2 because walnut costs less than the maple, and have my own BU1F. If you look at the pictures of the BU1 and 2, you see the flush reflector on the back is held on with 6 screws. There is only about 3/16 of a gap. [!/4" is too much] I traced the outline of the back rim and put masking tape on both sides on a piece of 1/8" clear acrylic plastic; glued on my tracing and cut it out with my Excalibre scroll saw. The masking tape prevents scratching, and also acts as a heat sink for the blade heat. After the tape was peeled, it was placed on the back where I could see wher to drill the holes for #6 x 3/4 " ( |=== wood screws with a straight slot. + screws didnt come out until the 40's model automobiles. the raised head will touch a table and keep the friction off of the plastic. I am learning how to do reverse carving so I can make decoratives on the inside of the reflector. It makes a noticeable difference in the sound quality and quantity from the little soprano UBS-1. Door skin plywood would give a warmer sound, but still more than without a back reflector. The sound does not go into your stomach; it gets projected out. What other line puts out a E/F type warranty? My BU-1F has PEGHED (www.pegheds.com) tuners. they are lighter than any other geared tuner, and look like an old-time wooden peg. My personal preference is a dislike for the top of a uke to look like an aerial view of an Indianapolis 500 open wheel race car. No gears with ears. The first soprano I sold also had PEGHEDS. I also make 1/2 inch ==3/4 inch and 1 inch wide straps for them. The 1 inch ones come in 19 different colours and the thinner in black or white. I am sold on 'em, and I play and sell 'em.

Eddy Finn Banjoleles / Gold Tone

In a video on youtube, by a man who had owned one, told about the rough edges on the tighteners of the Eddy Finn that he had to file down. He said that they would sratch his arm when he played. He also said that he had to have his banjolele adjusted several times and wasn't comfortable with how it felt when he played it. He sold his Eddy Finn and bought a Gold Tone. Since our family was interested in obtaining our first, and 2nd!, banjoleles for Christmas presents, for two of our children, I decided on the Gold Tone brand. Remember I have NOT played either brand, just basing my decision on what I have found on the internet....HOPE I wasn't steered too far off course!
I found several websites, including Amazon who sold them at basically the same price, (setup was an extra charge). The place I finally bought the instruments from was, ZEN UKES, they had the best price, which included a free case and also FREE setup! They, David Utto, Jr. actually, talked to me at great lengths to make sure that I had whatever I needed as far as service was concerned, even helped with the fact that one of my two children needed a left-handed instrument. They offered a wonderful FREE setup which was GREAT. Fast Free shipping and returns within 7 days, (which will start after Christmas day).
This is the first time I have ordered from them, and I DO NOT work for them, nor am I associated with them other than this first purchase.
This having been said, I think that at this point that they will be a great company with which to deal. I plan to update my thoughts on this website soon after Christmas, however at this point I feel very confident dealing with this company. :) Hopefully I will be able to report back favorably! :) (On both the company AND the Gold Tone banjoleles! Now if I can find great beginner books ...one left-handed and one right-handed, we should be set for Christmas! :)
A Very Merry Christmas To All Of You And Yours!

Top Bottom