FS: Mainland Cedar Longneck Pineapple

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydee

Reaction score
SOLD

Clearing out the stable.

This one is a Mainland pineapple longneck. Soprano pineapple body with a concert neck. All solid, Red cedar top, Rosewood back and sides, with amber friction tuners. A super sweet uke, but I'm just not playing it anymore with the custom in the house. Bought new earlier this year with some holiday cash. I have since put a lovely little ding in it on the back binding, bass side. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, the bridge seems to not be glued completely around the edges. It came to me this way, and it seems perfectly stable, and I haven't had any problems with it.

This uke is LOUD and clear and has that great cedar sustain. Samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBkOjX_bMbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYcYfew-HPY

New, this uke shipped is $265. (Though it's currently out of stock at Mainland.) For you, $215 shipped, CONUS. I'll throw in a basic black hardshell case for another $25, if you like. It's a concert case, since the longneck wouldn't fit in my soprano cases. The pineapple body fits quite snugly in the lower bout of the case. As you can see, the case is well decorated, including many stickers from Milwaukee businesses. I'll let you decide how to deal with those ;)

MainPineFull.jpg

MainPineBridge.jpg

MainPineDing.jpg

MainPineTop.jpg

MainPineTuners.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a softy for LNS 'Ukes...Pic #4: will those fingerprints clean up? or are they permanent?

I'm a softy for LNS 'Ukes...Pic #4: will those fingerprints clean up? or are they permanent?

Oh, no, they clean right up (sorry - I should have thought of that before snapping the pix yesterday...) Here's a photo of the gloss finish, nice and purity. Also, I should mention how light this instrument is, surprisingly so for an overseas instrument.

mainpinegloss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom