KoAlanas sold out

oahugrl

Reaction score
I went to HMS this morning, intent on buying a KoAlana soprano only to discover they have sold out. Anyone have any insider info on when or if there will be more stock?

MGM is on the UU so just PM him and if he not busy..he get back too you for sure

In the first KoAlana threads HMS posted an excellent video. At one point there is a suggestion that this now-sold-out production run is it for these as we currently know them, adding on they may come back re-branded to reflect their excellent quality. That is not the current insider news you requested, so take that with a grain of salt.

Too bad you could not get the uke you went looking for today! Used?

You can contact Koaloha directly and ask......I know Baan Ukulele in Thailand has them yet...if you are in a rush....but HMS is much closer and does great setups....

I went to HMS this morning, intent on buying a KoAlana soprano only to discover they have sold out. Anyone have any insider info on when or if there will be more stock?

hey girl! if your on oahu drive up. we have at the store.
we shoot for an online experience with no drawbacks, so we pay return shipping with any warranty issues. even international. these have commonly had issues in dry or cold climates so we aren't shipping out any more. if on island come up or call.
I have a koalana, good stuff, but they're like me and prefer Hawaii weather.
koaloha's don't have any issues in other climates, perhaps you could splurge on a pikake?

hey girl! if your on oahu drive up. we have at the store.
we shoot for an online experience with no drawbacks, so we pay return shipping with any warranty issues. even international. these have commonly had issues in dry or cold climates so we aren't shipping out any more. if on island come up or call.
I have a koalana, good stuff, but they're like me and prefer Hawaii weather.
koaloha's don't have any issues in other climates, perhaps you could splurge on a pikake?
Andrew,

I live on the Mainland now and bought a Koalana concert from you guys which you shipped to Utah. Now that is dry! I have had zero problems in the 7-8 months, I suspect because we have a whole house humidifier. That thing became my daily player and I am totally in love with it. Would you be willing to make an exception and sell me one? I know I would be taking my chances.

Andrew,

I live on the Mainland now and bought a Koalana concert from you guys which you shipped to Utah. Now that is dry! I have had zero problems in the 7-8 months, I suspect because we have a whole house humidifier. That thing became my daily player and I am totally in love with it. Would you be willing to make an exception and sell me one? I know I would be taking my chances.

you should call them the phone number on the Ukulele Site,,website
www.theukulelesite.com

tell Mike about the email from Andrew or ask for Andrews number..I am sure if you talk to them they will help you out..
take care Oahu girl good luck

I played the ones that were at HMS they sound as good as a KoAloha

Last edited:
Andrew,

Ok. Most of the problems were with concerts and within the first month of receiving so you should be fine. House humidifier, that's what I'm talkin about! Can everyone on the mainland please get one of those. please?

just call or email and I will give you details.
andrew@theukulelesite.com
(808)781-9168

As usual, everyone has been tremendously helpful. Andrew I will send you an email.

Yup, no doubt about it. HMS is the best!

Last edited:
Love my KoAlana Concert. Praying it through this first dangerous month on the prairie.

I got mine last fall. A swell little soprano. Sounds wonderful.

I played one of these this week at the Ukulele Source in San Jose and was very impressed. I thought it really blew away the other ukes they had in the dub $500 price range. I thought it sounded almost (but not quite) as good as the KoAlohas. I am a big fan.

For anyone thinking about buying a Koalana, check out the Koaloha website (http://www.koaloha.com). They have pics up for the next generation of Koalana ukes. Looks like they'll be offering both concert and soprano sizes in either koa or mahogany.

I have a Koalana concert from the current batch, and I absolutely love it. I've had some issues in the dry and cold climate that is Chicago winter--but, as long as I maintain the humidity at around 50%, it does fine.

For anyone thinking about buying a Koalana, check out the Koaloha website (http://www.koaloha.com). They have pics up for the next generation of Koalana ukes. Looks like they'll be offering both concert and soprano sizes in either koa or mahogany.

I have a Koalana concert from the current batch, and I absolutely love it. I've had some issues in the dry and cold climate that is Chicago winter--but, as long as I maintain the humidity at around 50%, it does fine.

Shermdog, will you say what issues? I've had a KoAlana Concert for nearly a month, living in the Midwest near KC MO. I'm neurotically religious about keeping the humidifier topped up.

Every time I mention this instrument in a post I repeat how much I love it. Pure tone, exquisitely simple good looks, friction tuners, even the stock strings are perfect. This ukulele gives value way beyond cost and has made me a real KoAloha partisan.

Here's another heaping of praise for the KoAlana concert. I've had mine (in a case with an Oasis humidifier) since late November, and I love it. In fact, just yesterday I received a concert model of a, shall we say, "highly-regarded brand", that cost three times as much as the KoAlana, and I vastly prefer the KoAlana. (Okay, maybe the new one just needs different strings, or to settle in from its trip.)

I'm waiting on one to become available second hand on the marketplace... but it seems nobody wants to part with their Koalana ;) They must be good!

Top Bottom