Song Help Request ring of fire strum pattern?

liverlipsyyz

Reaction score
i'm just a beginner. i'm working on ring of fire. i'm trying to get the best strum pattern for the song. i've been using something like: d dud dud dud but when i get to the chorus i get messed up. is the chorus a different strumming pattern than the rest of the song? or am i just using a bad/wrong strum pattern. can anyone suggest a good strum pattern for ring of fire?

thanks!
liver

i think i can help you...

i play (G)DOWN down up DOWN down up DOWN down up (C)DOWN down up(G)DOWN down up DOWN down up DOWN down up DOWN down up
I guess it sounds like: (G)dun dugga dun dugga dun dugga (C)dugga (G) dun duggu dun duggu dun

i hope this helps
erika

can anyone suggest a good strum pattern for ring of fire?

What you said you were playing sound like it would work fine. Play what you can play, and rock on!

That said, you might try this:

d_DuduDu [repeat]

The capital D's are emphasized downstrums. Techically, they're accenting beats 2 and 4, like the drummer would if you had a drummer playing.

For the very first downstrum (on beat one) just do a "touch". You don't fully strum all four strings. Just hit the top two and sort of lift your hand away from the uke, to keep you from continuing down and hitting the remaining two strings.

If you hit one string or three strings with the "touch", that's fine too. Don't stress about it. The point is that it's not a full strum. This is a harder technique than a regular strum, obviously. But I think you'll find it sounds really cool once you get the hang of it.

JJ

Since you are working on ring of fire you might also go to" Ukulelesecrets.org " . There is a very nice fingerstyle arrangement that has a tab and video. You might want to work that into your work.

Top Bottom