(Very) Low-cost music stand alternative for attending workshops/gatherings

Tonya

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, this is nothing sophisticated but it really helps out when attending a uke workshop or gathering and you're tired of juggling workshop handouts in your lap (but you don't want to lug around a music stand, even the collapsible kind).

You use a skirt hanger with clips and position it on the chair in front of you (obviously this will not work if you're sitting in the front row).

Here's a photo and how it works. I'll be using this decidedly low-tech method at the Reno Uke Fest this weekend. Don't laugh, please!

Last edited:
That's a really good idea. Since clothes shops commonly use them for both skirts and trousers (at least they do over here), they should be fairly easy to come by.

Okay, this is nothing sophisticated but it really helps out when attending a uke workshop or gathering and you're tired of juggling workshop handouts in your lap (but you don't want to lug around a music stand, even the collapsible kind).

You use a skirt hanger with clips and position it on the chair in front of you (obviously this will not work if you're sitting in the front row).

Here's a photo and how it works. I'll be using this decidedly low-tech method at the Reno Uke Fest this weekend. Don't laugh, please!

I like this idea! And it's not heavy. Let us know how it works out.

Sweet idea! You may have started a trend...

Like the old saying goes, "Mothers are an invention of necessity!" :)

John

Great idea! If you wanted the music a bit higher you could hang it from the collar of the player in front of you (only half kidding).

great idea..thxs

I checked Elderly and they are apparently out of stock.

Brilliant - I will use this. Thanks for sharing.

Good For recipes when cooking too Tonya....hook it on the cabinet door knob :) Yes have fun in Reno girl...Take some peekchas to share with us....woo hoo

Tonya is always sharing some great ideas with us and she's a great ukulele promoter/enthusiast as well.

Not to steal her thunder but just add....You can also just use an old wire hanger with clothespins also. I like to use some of those mini plastic clamps that you can get at Harbor Freight. I also use the clamps to keep my music/folder on the stand. They work great for clamping bags of chips, cereal, or whatever.

Top Bottom