FS/FT: Kiwaya KC-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

remy26

Reaction score
I'm back from vacation so decided to re-post this one as a FS/FT. I'm not sure if it is rare or not, but it looks to be a concert model that is only offered in Japan. As far as I can tell, the retail price is close to $700 US. It is an all laminate uke, but it sounds better than any laminate that I've heard. Very light build with more resonance than what I've experienced. The neck is thin from front to back. I haven't played many vintage ukuleles, but this feels very similar (ignoring the tuners) to a few that I have played. It's currently strung with D'addarios. This one is in very good, used condition with a couple of light scratches and small dings. Nothing significant to note regarding damage. The saddle is low, but neck seems to be straight and I don't have any buzz. The uke will ship in the semi-hardshell case pictured.

$300 OBO shipped

I have kind of settled on tenor size ukuleles which is a big reason for the sale.

Price includes shipping and any PayPal fees. US sales and shipping to confirmed PP addresses only please. I would be open to possibly trading for an interesting tenor uke of similar value.

A few more pics here:

http://s872.photobucket.com/user/nasoj26/slideshow/Kiwaya KC-3

Last edited:
I hope someone buys this. I was soooo close to pulling the trigger when it was listed before. I love my KS1 laminate and can only imagine the concert version sounding better than most solid ukes. Great feel and tone.

I'll tell you what, anyone who goes out and spends 200 or 300 dollars on a Kala, Lanakai, or something, is crazy when this uke is available.

I sent Kiwaya in Japan an email asking about it, here is their reply:

Thank you for your email.

The model "KC-3" is a concert size Ukulele from KIWAYA.
The model has a Triple Layer Mahogany (Laminate, but all mahogany) on top and back. Side has a Double Layer Mahogany.

-Specification-

Neck : Mahogany
Finger Board : Rosewood
Bridge : Mahogany (before 2012)
Nut & Saddle : ABS Resin or Rosewood Saddle (If string height is adjusted)
Tuner : Gotoh Tuner
Finish : Lacquer

I hope this information helps you.

Sincerely,

Tatsuki Mori
KIWAYA Musical Instruments Co.,LTD.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what, anyone who goes out and spends 200 or 300 dollars on a Kala, Lanakai, or something, is crazy when this uke is available.

I sent Kiwaya in Japan an email asking about it, here is their reply:

Thank you for your email.

The model "KC-3" is a concert size Ukulele from KIWAYA.
The model has a Triple Layer Mahogany (Laminate, but all mahogany) on top and back. Side has a Double Layer Mahogany.

-Specification-

Neck : Mahogany
Finger Board : Rosewood
Bridge : Mahogany (before 2012)
Nut & Saddle : ABS Resin or Rosewood Saddle (If string height is adjusted)
Tuner : Gotoh Tuner
Finish : Lacquer

I hope this information helps you.

Sincerely,

Tatsuki Mori
KIWAYA Musical Instruments Co.,LTD.

Thanks Skinny Money McGee! I don't know why I don't think of things like sending an email!

This great uke is still available!

I have sent you a PM on this fine instrument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom