anyody else going to go see UOGB in kansas city?

thesillydave

Reaction score
my wife and i are 'goin' to kansas city' to hear the Ukelele orch. of Great Britain next weekend...just wondering if any other UUer's are attending?

Cool! I'll actually be in Wichita, but prob' won't make it to Kansas City!

my wife and i are 'goin' to kansas city' to hear the Ukelele orch. of Great Britain next weekend...just wondering if any other UUer's are attending?

Yep, I'll be there. I think the Kansas City Ukesters my be planning a jam there beforehand.

http://www.kcuke.com/

I considered it when I first discovered they were going to be there but it's just too far for one night's entertainment. If I wasn't wrapped around the axle at work right now and could actually make it a three-day trip I'd probably have jumped on tickets because, near as I can figure, that's the closest they've come to where I live.

John

Just caught them in Chico, California Thursday night. Great show! They did the best version (and brought meaning back to) "Tip Toe Through The Tulips" that I have ever heard.

Nope, they are coming to Houston on the 20th of November. Only 35 minutes from the house.......

Really?! I didn't see that on the tour calendar. I might have to get tickets for that. Although...I'm not crazy about Houston - I'd almost rather drive to Kansas city than face Houston traffic again (my oldest and her family used to live there). :)

John

I saw them in Davis, CA, last Friday night with fellow UUer wadleysf. It was a great concert. We went home afterward, but I heard later that some members of the UOGB mingled with the crwod afterward at both their Davis and Palo Alto concerts, so be on the lookout.

wow! they get about a bit.

I'm going to see them in Middlesbrough next month. (thats in cleveland, England. not Ohio!)

I saw them last night in Boulder, Colorado and they were fantastic. In addition to their great musicianship, they keep the banter between songs quite fun and entertaining. They mock themselves and the music they play with equanimity and I cannot believe how fast the 2½ hours went by. Yes, most of their work can be seen (for free) online, but every uke fan should have the opportunity to see them live. I sincerely hope you enjoy the show in KC as much as I did.

Really fine show tonight in Kansas City, well Overland Park really. Much enjoyed by all 4 of us wven though only one of us is a uke-o-phile.

Top Bottom