Stuck in the airport? Play Ukulele!

tuscadero

Reaction score
I'm in New England where we are good and snowed in after 2 major storms. I'm watching Channel 5, (ABC) and they are doing the requisite snowed in at the airport during Christmas story and there in the B-roll is one of our soul-brothers, killing time by strumming his uke. It made me smile, so I thought I would share.

This past summer I was flying from Tampa to Buffalo and got stuck for a couple hours in an airport. I took out my uke and started playing songs and it was super fun.

The interesting thing I'd say was that like 95% of adults would walk by without turning their head, but 100% of kids would stop and stare dumbfounded at the charming little instrument until their parents pulled their arm away. It really made me happy.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas in New England :D

Yea, my girls and I took an early Thanksgiving trip to Idaho to visit family, and at every stopover I pulled out the uke. Didn't get too much attention, either way...but then again I was trying to be considerate and played softly. I can't think of a better way to pass the time.:music:

Top Bottom