wich ukulele for a beginner?

audiocad

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have to buy my first ukulele but after some tour in internet and after many pages seen I am again too much confused.
My budget is not more of 50/60$ and after have seen many forums I decided to dismiss Makala dolphin.
I'm in the air: MahiMahi yellow, a Ohana or a Hanknn (nobody know) but if you are another advice is better.

sorry for my english :)
thanks

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the MahiMahi or the Hanknn. Ohanas are good. If you can find a Ohana for that price, I would go with that.

–Lori

Where do you live? Find a uke group and go play a few. Or come to Ukulele World Congress. Or tell MIM how much money you have and trust her, she will not steer you wrong.

Don't be too quick to 'dismiss' the Makala
Dolphin! I own several 'better quality' ukes
than my Dolphin,but still carry it everywhere
with me.It's almost 'bomb proof',and a well set
up one is a good tool,for the price it cost!

Can I ask why you dismissed the Dolphin, For the sort of money you have to spend you could get one, setup, with Aquilas and perhaps a songbook, and I stand by teh fact that for the money it's about as good as ukes get at that price point.

Well setup it has tons of volume and tone.

The best-sounding inexpensive ukes I've played are the Ohana SK-10, the Makala MK-S (soprano) and MK-P (pineapple). Makala's ukes sound great to me---it's best if you can play one first (or have a friend play a few if you're new), since quality varies widely (I have played a couple with some issues).

Top Bottom