New Uke Day- Koa Pili Koko acacia tenor

lowendrick

Reaction score
My very first ukulele. Jason from KPK was great to deal with. Excellent communication and attention to detail. The uke is even more beautiful than I imagined. I've been playing it all afternoon and evening. Nice warm and resonant tone. I will take better pics tomorrow with natural lighting but here are a couple for now.

kpk1.jpgkpk2.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! I love my KPK. Yours looks lovely. :)

Congrats, I have a Tenor and a Concert and love them both. Jason is nice to deal with, I agree............

Congrats, love my concert cutaway with ebony nut and saddle

Very nice. New to ukuleles and did not know of this brand. Will look into them more.

Congrats! I've been looking at these for my Dad. What is the sound like? Did you consider the Mainland Ukes when deciding? They're around the same price and I'm trying to decide between the two. Has anyone played both of these?

Congrats! I've been looking at these for my Dad. What is the sound like? Did you consider the Mainland Ukes when deciding? They're around the same price and I'm trying to decide between the two. Has anyone played both of these?

I don't feel qualified to answer this intelligently. I haven't played enough ukes to know and have not yet tried a Mainland, although that was the other brand I was considering. I play and own several acoustic guitars (2 Martins and 2 Taylors) and upright basses so I kind of knew approximately what level of instrument I wanted and at what price level. Both Jason and Mike were pleasant to deal with. It came down to what I thought was the best deal for the money and what had the most appealing look to me. I bet I would have been really happy with a Mainland too.

Aloha Lowendrick,
Congrats on your new KPK....i had two of them...try different strings to get the tone you like....it's a great uke for the price...as for compared to mainlands...they are brighter
because they are koa and the mainlands are mahogany...it is all personal preference....but it is nice to get both for their different sounds....for the price, you can't go wrong
as in all ukes, each may have a different voice and quality because of the many variations in the building process...hard to guage both these individual ukes side by side unless
you do lay them side by side...I have both of them, and love each for their own Unique qualities...happy strummings

Congrats on your new KPK. One of my first ukes was a KPK, I gave it to my daughter-in-law and she loves it.

thanks for all the kind words. here are a few more pics. i am not the greatest photographer so its been hard for me to capture the real color and detail of the wood. it has more red overtones than the pics show.

kpk back body.jpgkpk back of headstock.jpgkpk full.jpgkpk headstock.jpgkpk top-side.jpg

That's really pretty. Which model is that? It has binding but doesn't look like rosewood or the maple binding? Very nice though.

That's really pretty. Which model is that? It has binding but doesn't look like rosewood or the maple binding? Very nice though.

It appears to be the Deluxe model with Rosewood binding. The maple binding is almost white looking.

Congratulations! I have a KPK concert, which is very nice. This is a great first uke, and I wish you many more "Happy NUD"s.

Wow, very nice wood you got there. Congrats!!

Thanks. I told Jason from KPK that the wood is more beautiful than I expected. I believe the grain and the color is more even than many (but not all) other KPKs I have seen online. Either I got a real good one or the pics online just don't do it justice. I also suspect that Jason has been successful in improving quality and consistency.

hmm....so what uke should I get next? :rolleyes::D

Top Bottom