Till There Was You

mswilks

Reaction score
I've made a few dozen guitar recordings over the past 3-5 years, but this is my first recording with a ukulele. In fact, I had never played a ukulele until a couple weeks ago. I'm very much enjoying finding my way around on these things.

This song originally appeared in "The Music Man" and was recorded by The Beatles shortly thereafter. My version (mercifully) is more Paul McCartney than Shirley Jones.

The ukulele is a mahogany Collings UT-3.

Last edited:
That was beautifully played and sung - lovely uke, too - another example of how easily an experienced guitarist embraces the ukulele! This is one of my favourite songs, always loved it since Paul's version, all those years ago - I play it but not as well as you! I'm looking forward to more of your videos! :)

Wonderful , very nice playing and a great job on the vocals. I've been working hard on a version of that in recent weeks but it doesn't compare with yours.

Like everyone I have a favourite version of most songs. While Sir Paul 's is fine I enjoy the one that the old gal sang in the Adam Sandler movie Wedding Singer the most.

Thanks very much, folks. I am pretty hooked at this point. My guitars are wondering what the heck is going on. :)

SweetWater, the mic is a Peluso 2247.

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I don't have any guitars to feel neglected. But I do have a lawn that needs mowing. Thanks for letting me put it off a few more minutes.

Says you are a "junior member" but that was some senior playing and singing. I'm looking forward to seeing more videos from you.

You (all of you) are too kind.

As for my ukulele experience, my mom is a piano teacher so I started there at age four ... which made picking up the guitar much easier once I got to college. Twenty-five years later and I finally thought "hmmm ... wonder what it would be like to try ukulele?"

Better late than never, I guess.

Looking forward to spending a lot of time around here ...

Thanks for the lovely rendition. That was our Wedding Song, and after 38 years it sounds just as timeless as ever (I know the song is much older than that). Someday I hope to be good enough to play it. Again great playing and great singing.

This song has a special place in my heart... and the Music Man was one of my first musicals that I was in growing up... with that said, great performance. Your voice seems like it was a from a different time, really matched the song. Thank you so much for sharing, looking forward to more videos especially as you play the ukulele more and more!

That was very nice, Mike. Very polished and I hope to hear more from you!

Top Bottom