Kamoa Fiberglass Cases 10% off

DannyPham

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I wanted to get a fiberglass case from kamoa, and found the cheapest price to be 200 or so for a tenor and you'd still have to pay for shipping. However on Cymballism Music they're selling soprano, concert, and tenor sizes for $189.99, $199.99, and $209.99 respectively.

So on the Cymbaliism website they're doing promo codes for some certain products, and they have a promo code for Kamoa Ukuleles. I figured it was only for ukuleles, but being stubborn I put in the promo code anyway (it's kamoa by the way) and look! 10% off! So I got a tenor size for $188.10 with free shipping as all orders over $100 are free. So...guys. Jump on this deal quick!!

http://stores.cymbalismmusic.com/-strse-2117/Kamoa-Fiberglass-Ukulele-Cases/Detail.bok

All you have to do is enter kamoa in the promo code space. It worked for me. I didn't buy, but wanted to confirm it for you.

Thank you for sharing you cool find....not sure I would need a case the strong and nice though....I am happy with my cross laced uke crazy case....

FYI, I am surprised thee are official Kamoa ones. Don't get me wrong, they look like the same cases - I can't tell if they have the hygrometer in them or not. The Kamoa ones have always come in red, black, navy blue, silver and yellow.
http://kamoaukuleles.myshopify.com/collections/cases-accessories/products/kamoa-fiberglass-case

Sam also made two ukes cases in custom order colors - my teal blue and a purple one. But I could be wrong, maybe he added pink and white.

That being said, these look otherwise identical. And while they have no storage capabilities, and scratch easily, they are very lightweight and comfortable to carry. I have four Kamoa fiberglass cases (the teal tenor, a red tenor, yellow concert and yellow soprano), and I have been really happy with them. I may have to pick up one of these in white.

Last edited:
I just talked to Scott, the Cymbalismmusic website owner and he said, The cases are Not Kamoa brand but, they are very High Quality with very nice padding and come shipped directly from the manufacturer in China to their warehouse in Hawaii.

Scott said, the "Kamoa" Promo code is an error from the website designer but, says if you Call him directly (808) 250-8744 he will honor a 5% discount on the Fiberglass cases!

The cases also, do not include the built in Hygrometer.

Last edited:
I heard that Sam has stopped offering Kamoa cases because the factory in China was selling substantially identical cases directly to other retailers butwith =out the quality control that Sam was using on the cases he sold as Kamoa cases. I tried ordering a Kamoa case directly from the Kamoa website and they ended up refunding my payment, and a Kamoa retailer I know says he can't get the cases anymore.

I heard that Sam has stopped offering Kamoa cases because the factory in China was selling substantially identical cases directly to other retailers butwith =out the quality control that Sam was using on the cases he sold as Kamoa cases. I tried ordering a Kamoa case directly from the Kamoa website and they ended up refunding my payment, and a Kamoa retailer I know says he can't get the cases anymore.

If you are ever in Kauai, he still sells them at his Kapa'a and Koloa stores. They might not have new inventory coming in, but last week they had some at the stores. I only saw them through the window though so I don't know what sizes they were.

This is some bullcrap. I knew it was too good to be true.

Man this is so much a classic with all those chinese factory!!!! That's too bad!!!!

Man this is so much a classic with all those chinese factory!!!! That's too bad!!!!

I didn't mean for my comment to be a springboard for China bashing. I merely meant that Sam had quality control over only those cases shipped to him for sale as Kamoa cases. What I heard is that he felt that cheaper and probably less well-built cases on the market that looked like his cheapened his brand, so he decided to dissociate himself from the cases. Again, this was second hand.

Those are so cool looking! I really love the yellow ones...

Top Bottom