I did it! On My Journey

PereBourik

Ukulele don't judge
UU VIP
Reaction score
Took awhile to find lyrics and chords for the Chad Mitchell Trio song "On My Journey." What I found was in a bad key for me so I transposed (first time). Still sounded bad until I discovered that the chord progressions were marked in the wrong places. Once I got that right it was time to sing. Little victory, maybe, but I'm a noob and this was my first song. I'm so giddy I might have to buy another ukulele.

Moving this to Uke Talk . . . this forum is for completed tabs/chord-lyric songsheets.

I find that many songs found on the internet have the right chords but they are slightly off of the changes. Copying and pasting in different fonts is one cause of this problem, another is that the popular version of the song may have been sung with the words in a slightly different rhythm than the author wrote - artists often take liberties with the vocals to express their own interpretation.

Actually, I'm glad it was weird because it gave me both more of a challenge and more sense of accomplishment and growth as a player. It's one thing to know that the right chord is in there somewhere and quite another to actually find it.

BTW, I re-strung the Lanikai Pineapple you helped me work over. Used Aquilas, same brand as were on it when I bought it. While I'm still waiting for the strings to settle in, the intonation at the 12th fret is pretty good; I have even more sense of growth as a player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom