Season 61 - It’s time to play the music, it’s time to light the lights...

mikef

Reaction score
Welcome to the 61st Season of the Ukulele... and this week’s theme is...
The Muppets!

The rules are...
  • ANY song that has been performed by any Jim Henson creation (see below)
  • PLEASE don’t post any videos until Sunday
  • One official entry per person with the main focus being the ukulele
  • Please mention the 61st season and “The Muppets” in your video
  • Puppetry is not compulsory but actively encouraged by you, friends or family
  • To encourage the above, multi-tracking is allowed this week
  • Bonus tracks are very welcome but are just for fun

The prizes are...
First Place (chosen by my wife and I. Dr Teeth will get the final casting vote)...
  • An exclusive 77mm “I won the 61st season” winners button / badge
  • A collection of ukulele and Muppet themed buttons / badges
  • Fifty 25mm buttons / badges with their choice of design to help promote their uke club (or any other club, passion, picture of their dog... anything they like)

Two Runners Up (chosen at random using the Muppet Labs Random Uke Generator)...
  • An exclusive 55mm “I was a runner-up” button / badge
  • A collection of ukulele and Muppet themed buttons / badges

The Golden Kermit Special Prize...
  • Our favourite performance of “Rainbow Connection” (as an official entry or bonus) will win a special Golden Kermit bonus button / badge.

Inspirational links...
There are 100s and 100s of songs either written for or performed on The Muppet Show itself, many of which included very famous guest stars singing very famous songs.

More? Don't forget the newer Muppets Tonight with a whole host of other singing guest stars from the 1990s.

Then there's all the Muppet Movies of course which are all bursting with songs.

In fact here’s a list of all the songs The Muppets have ever done.

You still need more?
Don’t forget the other Henson creations... Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, even Labyrinth, they all count.

And there’s all the Muppet albums too!

There’s a LOT of choice once you start digging... as long as the Muppets (or any Henson characters) performed or recorded it somewhere you can have it :)

The Playlists...
Official Playlist
Bonus Playlist

Last edited:
Good theme, Mike. I had a quick look at the list of songs used in the Muppet shows and there is lots of scope.

Best Season EVER! If we are talking all the songs they did with guests, that is a lot of songs...

Last edited:
Muppets! I can do that! :)

I couldn't participate last week because my wife would have killed me if she ever saw the contest - we never had "our song" so I would have had to dip into the old "girls before her" category and that would not have resulted in peace in the family. LOL

John

Gee - Great Theme!
And you could always put your video in the Children's Songs thread as well if they are kids songs.
They did a lot of songs with guests which weren't kids songs so there is a HUGE selection of songs to do.
I know lots of their stuff has been done here at UU before - I am still mentally scarred from seeing too much of Eugene in a bath scene!:rolleyes:
This is going to be FUN!

A: This is beautiful and brought a tear to my eye.
2: It makes me to realize that those of us with a sort of muppetlike appearance might have a slight edge this season!!!

Official Entry.
1 Muppet Season + 1 Tom Pocket uke + 1 loony pabrizzer = 1 minute to be avoided at all costs!

What a brilliant start! I'm already overwhelmed :)

xommen: Excellent performance as usual. I was hoping this theme would offer up a broad range of stuff like this... Billy Joel had never even crossed my mind.

pabrizzer: Bonuses... awesome. Official entry... WOW! I mean WOW! Perfectly done Sir.

2: It makes me to realize that those of us with a sort of muppetlike appearance might have a slight edge this season!!!
LOL!

urgh. Yet another week I am excited for and another week I am down for the count because old roommate took the internet with her when she moved out. I'll see if I can bring my uke to my boyfriend's and record there, but we shall see.

Official Entry.
1 Muppet Season + 1 Tom Pocket uke + 1 loony pabrizzer = 1 minute to be avoided at all costs!

Yeah! I first saw this song done on the Ed Sullivan Show when I was a wee tot. In 2010, a museum in the next town over from me had an exhibit about Jim Henson. The actual Muppet puppets are bigger than you would expect.

IMG_0188 revised.jpg

Top Bottom