Let's See Your Ukulele Underground Stickers!

experimentjon

Reaction score
So, anyone have UU stickers? Let's see them!

Here's what I spent 20 minutes of my day working on. This sticker is extremely detailed with lots of small parts. It was extra challenging since the Cordura material isn't flat and takes some effort to stick to. But the result was great. (The case is a Tenor-sized Ameritage Silver, but I removed their logo plate from the top and moved it to the side of the case, near the handles, for a cleaner look.)

If you don't have a UU sticker, you can buy the stickers here:
http://ukeunderground.bigcartel.com/product/large-uu-die-cut-vinyl-sticker

And many of us have the bumper-sticker style from back in the day when the site just launched. I've got these everywhere: cases, computers, etc. And although they aren't for sale, you can still score one by buying a shirt from the UU store.
https://ukuleleunderground.com/2008/04/free-ukulele-underground-stickers/

So for those with stickers, lets see them!

Found some of my old UU stickers! The normal (original) one on top, and the outline one they experimented with for a little while on the bottom. As far as I know, these are the only styles out there. The die-cut (black/white), and these 2 styles of bumper sticker-types.

I know there are others with some UU love on their gear too.

So, anyone have UU stickers? Let's see them!

Here's what I spent 20 minutes of my day working on. This sticker is extremely detailed with lots of small parts. It was extra challenging since the Cordura material isn't flat and takes some effort to stick to. But the result was great. (The case is a Tenor-sized Ameritage Silver, but I removed their logo plate from the top and moved it to the side of the case, near the handles, for a cleaner look.)

If you don't have a UU sticker, you can buy the stickers here:
http://ukeunderground.bigcartel.com/product/large-uu-die-cut-vinyl-sticker

And many of us have the bumper-sticker style from back in the day when the site just launched. I've got these everywhere: cases, computers, etc. And although they aren't for sale, you can still score one by buying a shirt from the UU store.
https://ukuleleunderground.com/2008/04/free-ukulele-underground-stickers/

Is this sticker difficult to put on? It looks like a "reverse" sticker, where you apply it from the front, then peel the top back. I never have any luck with those type stickers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Is this sticker difficult to put on? It looks like a "reverse" sticker, where you apply it from the front, then peel the top back. I never have any luck with those type stickers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

It depends. This one was not for beginners because of the fine details (bottom of the word "ukulele" has grass detail, and the leaves and stems coming out of the ukulele are quite small pieces and detached.). So you need to be careful when taking it up onto the transfer sheet, and need to be careful again when sticking it to the actual surface. And not all surfaces are created equal. The cordura here is fiberous so it's more difficult to stick things to. But if I were to put this on a flat and level surface like a Calton case or one of those cool Kamoa/Crossrock fiberglass cases, it'd probably go on pretty easy.

That's why this one took me about 20 minutes to put on. But the result was worth it.

Here's mine....

casestickers.jpg

That looks great Jon! Here are a couple of mine. On the back of my pickup and one of my cases.

Bumping up my own thread b/c I picked up a used Ameritage Gold yesterday and put a white UU sticker on it to match the Ameritage Silver. Here's how it looks.

And as a quick note to those interested in purchasing their own Ameritage in the future, the primary differences between the Gold and Silver are:
1) $100
2) A humidifier system in the Gold with packets to remove moisture and a Herco-style humidifier, and a cheap hygrometer...not worth $100 if you live in HI, but perhaps worth it if you live in an area where you actually need to watch your humidity levels.
3) Color scheme (both are nice, depending on your personal preference...I like them both, but would not pay an extra $100 for the Gold color)

And as you can see in the picture, I actually got the shoulder strap too.
http://www.ameritagecases.com/detai...Accessory_Items&pname=Shoulder_Strap_Assembly

The original owner had been mounting it from the D-rings where the handle is attached. While this setup worked, it definitely looked a little silly.... He included the additional mounting hardware; so today, I grabbed a Craftsman power drill and installed the additional hardware in its proper location. Was actually pretty easy even without instructions...although it was a bit scary drilling into such an expensive case--not having used a drill in years. Turned out fine. But for those interested in the Ameritage carry strap, it is actually a pretty cheap feeling strap. If I were to actually travel with it, I would consider purchasing a neoprene padded strap from a camera-case manufacturer or add some other slip-on padding.

I really like how the UU stickers look on your Ameritage cases, so I bought one for my case...only I forgot that yours is a tenor and I play a soprano, so the sticker looks so much bigger on mine.

Attachments

• Photo 14-6-13 4 42 04 PM.jpg
    Photo 14-6-13 4 42 04 PM.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 71
:)................. Pic.jpg

One more!

I played one of these over 5 years ago when Aaron Nakamura of UU fame brought his down from Kauai. Fell in love, and finally own one. (Slap Drum, lap cajon with snare)

79E7457D-506D-48E5-9001-C92DC82B1354-29004-0000162D3B3437EF_zps1313b5a5.jpg

Two customs in one pic!
Covered Bridge concert and my Baia Boards Summit longboard (handmade in Belgium).

Ameritage Logo Plate Removal

Nicely done. I do appreciate quality craftsmanship.

How difficult was it to remove the Ameritage logo plate without damaging the case?

oops, I guess I got it on crooked! ;-D
case2.jpg

I have a few cases I would like to attach shoulder straps too.
Are the screws just screwed in or are they bolted.
I am concerned about screws sticking through the case and damaging the ukulele.
Thanks.....

A bit hard to spot on my mini in this pic but it's in the right hand side...

UU2.jpg

uu1.jpg

I really like how the UU stickers look on your Ameritage cases, so I bought one for my case...only I forgot that yours is a tenor and I play a soprano, so the sticker looks so much bigger on mine.

What brand case is that?

Top Bottom