Private messages apologies

Timbuck

Reaction score
I have just had a look at my Private Messages and I was supprised to find that there were a load of messages that I wasn't aware of :confused:
I have now edited my PM page so that I am notified when I recieve a message..So I apologise to anyone who has been trying to contact me :eek:

Just noticed un-read private messages myself. I worked on answering them, but I don't get any kind of notification that they were actually sent, so I'm clueless about what happened when I replied!

Just noticed un-read private messages myself. I worked on answering them, but I don't get any kind of notification that they were actually sent, so I'm clueless about what happened when I replied!
Not sure what they have set up here at UU, but the defaults for vBulletin are:

- NOT to notify you of PMs
- NOT to save sent PMs

You have to enable those yourself. Go to:

Settings > My Account > General Settings > Messaging & Notification

Not sure what they have set up here at UU, but the defaults for vBulletin are:

- NOT to notify you of PMs
- NOT to save sent PMs

You have to enable those yourself. Go to:

Settings > My Account > General Settings > Messaging & Notification

Thanks, itsme. I must have missed that when joining up. I think I've got it right now. Other forums I participate in have a colored pop up box with something like "Message sent to..." when the reply is sent. No such notification here as I see it.

I've gotten into the habit of checking the "Notifications" tab that appears on the top right of the forum pages....if it's bright blue instead of black, there are PMs waiting.

I have just had a look at my Private Messages and I was supprised to find that there were a load of messages that I wasn't aware of :confused:
I have now edited my PM page so that I am notified when I recieve a message..So I apologise to anyone who has been trying to contact me :eek:
Aha! That explains it! Well I'm glad you found your messages eventually! :D

Thanks, itsme. I must have missed that when joining up. I think I've got it right now. Other forums I participate in have a colored pop up box with something like "Message sent to..." when the reply is sent. No such notification here as I see it.

While we're on the topic of not being sure what has sent, sometimes a pm seems to send as soon as I have entered the recipient's name, before I have typed the message. So here's a blanket apology: sorry if I have ever sent you a pm with no content.

Maybe I will tweak my pm settings, but the notification tab at the top of the page works for me for now.

Top Bottom