preserving right inner forearm

Nickie

Reaction score
After playing y uke for a long time, I get a crease in my right forearm where it rests on the front of the uke, on the lower bend. does anyone have any suggestions to make this part of the uke more comfortable to rest my arm on?

How about playing with a strap?

After playing y uke for a long time, I get a crease in my right forearm where it rests on the front of the uke, on the lower bend. does anyone have any suggestions to make this part of the uke more comfortable to rest my arm on?

There was a thread recently about this: the suggestions included wearing a light sleeve over the forearm, something I'm considering myself. I use a Ukeleash but still get that crease.

A friend of mine had this same problem. He purchased a set of arm warmer sleeves from a bicycle shop and it seemed to do the trick. Good luck and let us know if you come up with a working solution.
-joe

Strumming arm Relief

look at some pictures of 5 string banjos with all of the J hooks which bite the underside of the non-fretting arm. They are easy to make and easy to install. My first one came as a cosmetic cover for what looked like a ballpeen hammer strike to the area on the curve of the back bout where the arm would rest. It is up 1/32 off of the face, so the entire top still vibrates. It was not difficult or time consuming to make. All edges of it are nicely rounded to avoid the sharp edged line.

If anyone would like to build one, let me know and I will write up a How To and send it to you. thecraftedcow@comcast.net

Last edited:
Top Bottom