North Coast Beach Jam, May 19th, 2013 - Huron Ohio

RonT

Reaction score
May 19, 2013, at Nickel Plate Beach, Huron, Ohio. Aiming for ~2:00 PM start time, go 'till...?
Bring your uke, a chair, a cooler, maybe a beach umbrella, no alcohol, no pets. This is a Huron, Ohio city park, children friendly.
R

Last edited:
Hi Ron,

I'll be there! Sounds like fun. Hope the weather cooperates.

Fred

...anybody have chords for Hela di ladi lo....?
R

The party's growing. Got positive vibes from our Thursday night Uke jam in Mansfield.
R

I'll be there. The weather person sez "68*, chance of @%$&*", I'm planning for the dry side of that. At the least make face-to-face contact and plan for a rain date if it turns out that way.
Do want to get something going for that area.
R

"Partly cloudy, mid 70;s"
R

Great. We have ~8-10 coming from the Mansfield area. Hope this is the start of something good (in my best Bogie voice...)
R
BTW,Thanks for the assist KD.

Mansfield folks: I didn't know about you! Open to anyone? Where and when, please!

That group meets on Thursdays at the Metronome on Trimble rd. in Mansfield, Ohio, 6:30-7:30 P.M. And of course, is open. Have some hacks like me, and more that are Uke accomplished.....
Had a Baritone beside me last night, now have a strange desire to sing "Asleep in the deep"..........;^)
R

Where it is........
Look up 'showmystreet.com', type in Nickel Plate Beach, Huron, Ohio . Rt. 6 is the East/West main, find Tiffin Ave. (across from Berardi's) or Berlin Rd. (Marconi's).
We'll be on the West side of the beach just a short way off the parking area trying to make this happen.
R

Here's a pic of the first try,..... We think that we can pull off another, trying for June 23, ~2:00-?. This first attempt was primarily a 'flyby' to scope out the area, and facilities.
The restrooms weren't open yet (Memorial Day) and so a contingent went to the nearby Sandbar restaurant. The weather cooperated with a nice breeze and the tree at the beach edge provided shade. To the left, on the other side of the barrier is a ~100 yd. walk to the water. Lotsa' parking available.
To say that even though the group was small it was well represented by all (!) skill levels would be an understatement. We survived. I gotta' get a better song book....and practice....
Hopeful for more Ukers in June.
R
dli25s.jpg

Hopeful for more Ukers in June.
R
dli25s.jpg

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the pic and report. Looks like you had a perfect day for it. The pic show great promise for future jams. I'm sorry I couldn't make the drive today. I really wanted to come. Probably next time. If I can get the word out somehow I'll be happy to help.

Another thought. Have you discovered chordie.com? A great resource to compile a songbook. Can be made public for the group and others.

Fred

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip about 'chordie.com, Fred. I'll be better prepared to keep up in June. I might make a 'soft sand' sign for the unpaved spot. Think they would know better...hahaha.
R

Top Bottom