STAD day!

electrauke

Reaction score
Figured I should start a thread like this. STAD stands for Spread The Aloha Day. Post one of these when you get another person to play Uke. My STAD is getting my cousin to buy a Uke at the Reno Uke Fest.

Yay! I gave a uke to a very young girl last month...she was fascinated...

Oh, almost forgot...sold one of my ukes to another hospice nurse. She is learning the ropes. A third hospice nurse dug her uke outta the dust because of that, and we are forming a hospice nurse ukulele trio. We'll throw in a little guitar and bass here and there...

I guess I get credit for getting my 2 daughters to play. Now we have something we can share together.

My son (who is an amazing piano player) asked if he could have one of my ukes about a month ago. I showed him the basics ie: G, C, F, Am chords, and now , he knows more chords than me, and can even play the dreaded E.

Needs to work on his strumming hand, but that will come with practice.

Cheers
Darren

About ten years ago my sister gave me my first uke as a birthday present. My reaction was "ah, a uke... Thanks" and it went straight into a cupboard. Then five years ago on a dark winters night when I had nothing to do and was bored stiff, I thought "let's see what you can do with this little thing".... I never stopped playing since!
It took me a long time to realise what a wonderful present that was. Now I wonder how long it can take for the Aloah to take hold on a person, it might be much longer than day.

Andreas

This past weekend, I donated two ukulele starter kits - an ukulele (one was a Kala soprano laminate, the other an orange Makala dolphin), a tuner and a beginner's instruction booklet to a friend for a fundraising auction at her school. I like to imagine that the people who win the ukulele starter kits will go on to fall in love with the ukulele, or at least with making music.

This past weekend, I donated two ukulele starter kits - an ukulele (one was a Kala soprano laminate, the other an orange Makala dolphin), a tuner and a beginner's instruction booklet to a friend for a fundraising auction at her school. I like to imagine that the people who win the ukulele starter kits will go on to fall in love with the ukulele, or at least with making music.

Great that is a nice STAD. I think people should post a STAD like a NUD.

A colleague bought his first uke last month - one of the "bargain baritones" from Butler Music via eBay. Yesterday I brought in my new UBass, and now he is going to buy one of those as well.

Top Bottom